Reviews for "I Can't Escape"

The game was funny I saw a black phantom for the first time and actually got scared..4 stars because the controls feel too stiff it would be better to be able to look around with the mouse and to move with WASD.

I played mainly to see how many holes i could fall through...

I'm giving it a four because the game and graphics were absolutely addicting. The knocked off star is because it doesn't have WASD compatibility and no pause button. With ghosts wandering about and I go to do something I notice I am knocked down a few floors because I couldn't pause. Simple gameplay mechanics break the whole thing mate.

davidmaletz responds:

It's pretty funny the things a developer can miss! A pause button and WASD support would've been great, along with strafing using Q/E. Keep in mind, I only had a month to make this game for the OneGameAMonth Challenge, but I definitely overlooked those! Thanks for the suggestions, if I have a chance to revise it or make a sequel, these will definitely be added!

Haha i give up after 35 minutes of trying. First encounter with the Ghost thing startled me a little bit. nice work, wish it was a little easier.

The fact that sometimes you fall through the ground somewhat forbids any kind of game experience. There is no possibility of methodically exploring the labyrinth, thus making this a "walk around randomly while enjoying the atmosphere and the scenery kind of game". The problem is that there is no scenery and little atmosphere, due to the repetitiveness of everything and the harmlessness of monsters. All in all, I think it needs a lot more work.

Was this inspired by a Lands of Lore game? Felt like LoL2 in my opinion. Because of the music, perhaps.

Best of luck with your projects.