Reviews for "Battle for Darkness"

An excellent game by many standards
Music and graphics are excellent, but the game play is slightly lacking:

1-The enemy waves are fixed making it predictable and repetitive
(I would suggest adding a random modifier to choose the level and number of advanced units per wave, also this could make the game scale up with the gamer rather than having to fight through the same waves over and over again, especially when they're much weaker than you)

2-What if i don't want to use goblins, what if i prefer to send 40 skeleton warriors rather than 20 warriors, 20 goblins
(It would be nicer if we had full control over the army, with an army size limit, or skill limit, goblins are only truly useful in the first few waves then they die immediately, maybe expand the legion size upgrade and give the option to manually fill legions, which can add the option of mixing units such as using Underworld fighters and Werewolves in the same legion to counter most opposition)

I overall this is a great game, but I'm only giving you 4.5 due to the feeling of repetition

The game is very Diablo-esc and the art style reeks of early-days Activision. I have to say, the mix of photo-realism pictures and animation doesn't feel right to me. As a first impression the game looks very mundane and boring. The ability to shuffle your army depending on the upcoming unit is very interesting. Adds more skill into the game.
I could easily see this game getting boring, repetitive, and stale.

Again, Like Feefi said, randomly spawning enemies could be good for the game and make the 'shuffle' ability more used.
I would give it a 4/5 but after playing I don't think it deserves one, 3/5

This one just looks great the art direction and animation give it that early Diablo look, the game play is that "try, try again" model but being able to shuffle your army's units to suit the upcoming enemy is a useful tool. Though in later stages your weaker units become redundant and the enemy list is always the same which makes it predictable.

Though the Demon makes for an "ok" tank unit he seemed pretty underpowered considering how expensive he is; his one special move is really not all that impressive, given the (comparatively) short cool down time it has. On a side note when facing the Titan he resembles a marching band leader in his underwear.

I think randomly spawning enemies could really take advantage of the unit shuffle. Everything that's good about this game is really good, the bad are just minor nit picks. A sequel would be awesome! :)

Back to the hood this game was really goods
but the gold output shitty lol

to hard to make money