Reviews for "Qoosh"

Personally, I think this game is really solid! The atmosphere it developed through sound and tone, never knowing who or what was beyond these walls, and that scientist who keeps mocking you: who was he? Playing this game I became to involve myself into the plot, wondering how it could end. The references towards portal and portal 2 were pretty funny, I had to stop and smile. The sounds are clear and I have yet to find any bugs or glitches.

The only suggestion I have in the future is to make sure you realize how much time your players will spend on these levels. I was struggling to finish chamber 7 as I started to get a little bored. I felt it was a little lengthy for not being too far into the game.

I also didn't really like how you FELT as if you could escape at one point, but it kinda pulled you back into the actual game. I felt like I deserved some sort of reward for attempting to go out of bounds! I suppose a few extra voice clips were fine, though. I also liked some of the "pointless" tasks, such as being told from side to side of the room so I wouldn't get fat.

I don't exactly have the time to finish this game, but I enjoyed this! Or at least, enjoyed it so far. I will finish it later, but I hope I'm allowed to review a game I haven't completed yet. Then again, I'm simply going off from what I know!

Sound/Music 5/5
Gameplay 4.5/5
Concept 4/5

Overall 4.5/5!

As others have said, definitely reminded me of portal. Good mechanics though and love the art. 4.5 stars.

fun game, i loved the portal pun at the beginning

In my head, I figured from the thumbnail that this game would be either too predictable and boring, or new, innovative, and fun in general. You earned the latter. Pixel games are some of my favorite sort, and this was one of the more entertaining ones I've played in a long while. The fact that it had actual voice acting surprised me, as that's rare these days, and what more; it was actually REALLY good voice acting. I found myself immersed in a new world, where the scientist was the guy really giving me the rules. His character didn't get old, and his personality stayed amusing, and even though the game was rather short, I enjoyed the bit of character development he got. I really hope to see more from him in the future.

Now, teleporting isn't a new feature in general, but the way it was handled in this was quite fun. Most games give you limits on how much you can teleport, or make it faaar too overpowered. You took an old trick and made it into something new and fun. You can only teleport up to a certain distance, and you can only teleport once you land (From what I saw anyway.) You also offer new ways to utilize this teleportation ability, which is also good.

Game play was straight forward, and even though I found myself frustrated in a few minor areas, I'd suggest amping up the difficulty, or perhaps offering a harder mode or even multiple objectives to completing each level. I'm no game designer by any means, but I'm sure extras can be difficult, but keep in mind, this is coming from a random player, and I suppose players know what they like in a game (Not that this one was bad by any means.) The game itself was also extraordinarily short, or at least it felt like it.

It'd be neat to see some stuff in the future from this series. I could easily see a sequel for this game if you ever felt up to the project. Maybe you could offer a level editor? Maybe even the ability to customize our Qoosh? Another interesting idea would be moving enemies, or even enemy Qqosh. I'd also suggest hiding the candy just a bit better (Though I did feel accomplished after finding them all.)

All in all, this is a good game, with some good improvements to other games like it, a nice and simple story, decent music, and gameplay that doesn't down right have you ripping out hair.

If you add a sequel though, try making it just a bit harder, and maybe add in some other features to keep a gamer's interest. Good job though, I give this game a 4 out of 5, and I still feel like I might be a BIT strict in this one's rating.

Reminds me of Focus with Portal story elements. It feels like you should be able to instant-warp as soon as you hit the ground after finishing a warp, but there is a mandatory wait period which makes more fancy play near impossible. :/

Otherwise, fun game - killed a few minutes.