Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Drawscape"

I really like the idea you are going for here. A few problems though, the audio needs work. I started the game and got stuck with looping audio and had to turn it off. The other thing I noticed was that character couldn't easily run over "lumps" in my drawings, so I ended up stuck and having to restart a level just for not having a perfectly smooth platform. I liked the animations and the character speed felt good, I would suggest you work on the swimming a bit, along with the pillars of water just being there...I get the idea of having them there so the player can get back up, but it looks awkward to just have a square pillar of water hanging around. Seriously though I loved the concept, just needs some more polishing. Keep at it!

davidmaletz responds:

What is the audio looping bug exactly? It works fine for me, playing the songs until they are complete, then looping them. Maybe try updating your flash player, and if that doesn't work, I'll look into it, but it's tough to solve bugs when I can't reproduce them on my machine.

The "lumps" problem is known, it has to do with Box2D (the physics engine used), and is non-trivial to fix. Usually, you can just jump to escape them, and the snags, while annoying, are rare and don't cause major problems. Can you share the level where you got stuck on the lump? Perhaps I can fix it so you can jump to escape it so it's not a level-ending bug.

As for the square pillars of water, I suppose it is kind of silly, but it serves its purpose haha. The levels can be designed so that the water looks like it's contained by land, but the water doesn't flow, it's just a static shape. Maybe having the water flow over the landscape could be pretty cool, especially if it could be manipulated, but that's an idea for another game. I'll definitely keep that in mind if I make a sequel!

Thanks for all the good feedback, and I'm glad you enjoyed the game!

Girl with Fox tails and ears :p half a star for the efforts though :xd

It's a good game, no lag, nice art and graphics but the idea isn't very original.

fun fun fun

I did not played the game for too long but I think it deserves higher score. Also I plyed without sound. Have no speakers or headphones here.
4.5/5 - really good.