Attention! We're rallying new Supporters to help us keep ads off Newgrounds!

Please consider becoming a Supporter today!

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Drawscape"

That one game made by eggy but you can share levels...meh, not really into the peaceful setting

How do you attack?

davidmaletz responds:

You can't *attack*, you only have two abilities - the red shapes and the blue shapes. However, blue shapes can trap the flies if they get stuck inside them (and destroying a blue shape with a fly inside kills the fly), and the big beasts can be defeated by luring them onto a red platform, which will break when they step on it, causing them to fall!

this game has a good drawing the character and i like the quality

Wasn't expecting much when I clicked on this, to be honest, but glad I did. While the idea isn't all that original, yeah, doesn't stop this game from being pretty fun. Square pillars of water did seem a little silly, but given its purpose, we can allow for some wonky things here and there. I think it adds charm, personally.

Haven't listened to audio, but I usually don't judge on that department unless necessary, which it isn't here. Headphones ain't working anyway. Most games trying to follow this formula is just sticks, quite literally (at least in my experience), so good on you for actually drawing art. Shapes usually aren't my thing, but the game works well, as does the physics (imagine the look on my face when they actually were present!). Adding in fixed shapes as well as dynamic ones is a thing that separates it from a good deal of stuff that I've seen.

I don't really have much more to say, but this gets a 5/5 from me. It's actually pleasing to the eye and the idea was done pretty well. Someone tries to tell you otherwise, I think they're just stuck on bigger games out there that have you pay to play. The standards there don't apply here. :3

Okay, I've reached a point where I simply can not advance. It's the fifth level. I go to this one part where I go down and automatically die. I know there's some hearts down there, but they don't help me at all. Anyway, this is still a very nicely done game. The best thing about it is probably the graphics.

It's nice how it has a very pleasant atmosphere to it. I appreciate how you can customize it. I am glad you don't have to go along the dotted lines exactly. Heck, you can draw something new entirely! It's fun to see a furry do this too.

davidmaletz responds:

Yeah, the dotted lines are only there on the early levels to give you an idea of what to do, the game doesn't show them at all after the fifth level, and on the fifth level, it doesn't show ALL of the shapes you need to make to win. On the fifth level, you need to descend slowly - you can do this by drawing a shape underneath you, and then clicking the shape you are on to remove it, and repeat this until you get close enough that hitting the ground wont kill you (but of course there are many other ways to do it!) The hearts are there to replenish your health after you've drawn shapes to make it down, they won't save you from death.

Glad you liked the game, and when in doubt, try experimenting with what you can do with the shapes! The signs and dotted lines will give you hints, but often you have to figure out tricks yourself!