Reviews for "ccatch"

I can't even start the game, because I can't choose the desktop or mobile option, because the mouse doesn't register. If you tell me how to get past this issue, (if there is a way) I will delete this submission, and make another one after I play the game. As for now, 0 stars.

I used to really like this game, but now it doesn't work? The mouse doesn't register, and I can't even select the settings (Desktop or mobile). It'd be greatly appreciated if it could be fixed! I'd love to be able to play it again!

Soo COOL!!!

Belive it or not, Iam playing this on my xbox 360 ont the Internet Exlorer App!!! Thankyou for making this with HTML5!!!!!!

Decent game... I had two problems... First, for the mouse to register, I have to hold the mouse button down; if I'm not holding down the button, the movement doesn't register in the game... Second, the keyboard movement controls did not work at all (with or without the Shift button)... I think the arrow keys not working might be caused by the same thing that is making the mouse movement not register (because the arrow keys just scroll the main window for me)... Or it may be that I'm running IE 10 on a Windows 8 system... Other than those, the only thing I would say is the same thing about too many pieces of the wrong color in a row... Until next time...

EduardAnton responds:

I'm sorry to say that your browser is the problem. I recommend Firefox or Chrome for HTML5 games, since IE can't handle a lot of the new web stuff.

Thank you for the bug report, though.

Gameplay's pretty solid. Could use a bit of alteration of the randomization algorithm such that long strings without a piece of the player's color are avoided, just to make things less frustrating to the player. (Simple example: store the last 8 dropped pieces, and if at any time that list has no pieces of the player's current color just force the next drop to be that player's color instead of random.) Otherwise it's fun.

The scoring system makes no sense, though, but I guess that's not much of an issue without an online scoreboard. Still, it does provide serious progression counter-incentives for many players.

(Those of you who are trying to use the mouse instead of the keyboard: cursor controls losing focus when the mouse goes outside the screen have been a problem since Flash games first started. Just click onscreen and don't let go of the button, so the game won't lose focus if the mouse goes outside.)