Reviews for "The Last Door: Prologue"

this game gave me an eerie feeling just having the character walk through the halls with nothing but a lantern. wish to see the completed version of the game as soon as possible. I will do what I can to help kickstarter this game in hopes of quickening the progress.

It has a great enviroment but it's too much zoomed in in my humble opinion. As a pixel artist myself I think it's crazy to ask money for these kind of pixels.. really.
But overall I think it's a good game, really short if you made it a bit longer people would maybe support.

wow you know a game has a great atmosphere when it scares you even when its soooo pixally XD

The music and overall atmosphere is fantastic. These sort of time sensitive, Victorian story lines often expect the time period that the story is set in to provide that inherently. So you've done a great job on that for sure.

Graphically, it feels a little sluggish. A lot of repeat aesthetics right out of the gate isn't really a good sign in that regard. I would suggest spending some time on the creation of new sprites to dot the hallways. Just to keep the environment ever changing in that regard.

Controls are simple and effective for a point and click adventure. Although, I find the most gratifying experiences offer a full "action" tool bar. Walk to, look at, hit, combine, and so forth. It might be something you could look at to expand the player experience.

Finally, the story. It's hard to really pass judgement on it this early in production, but you need to keep in mind that this is a story that we've all seen countless times. I sincerely hope that it deviates from what we've come to expect.

Overall: 4
Rating of 3 1/2

I'm expecting a good game out of you!

xD the dog scared me at the start