Reviews for "SkullFace"

This is amazing! the well placed obstacles, the music, and the graphics. but I feel this is also just a generic platformer. why was is his face a skull? I need a story and something to make it stand out.

awesome platformer game¡¡¡

what an underrated game. the visuals are great, it's balanced really well, a lot of thinking obviously went into level design.
small side note: the mechanic that you jump higher after landing on an enemy when you run faster feels kinda bad

This is probably my one of my most favorite platformers on NG. The art style in the game is pretty with a lot of vibrant colors, making a sort of cheerful atmosphere, aside from the actual story. It's an overall, good looking game. The music is extremely pumping and gets you in the mood to hurl yourself towards anything and ready to beat any challenge thrown at you. gameplay is extremely solid. Teaching the player about the controls and new obstacles as the player progresses through the game with clever placements, letting the obstacles present themselves for the player to observe and then continue on their path, teaching the player about the obstacles fairly, allowing the only challenge to be the player's skill and witts versus the game. However, I would have like to see a broader variation of enemies. The obstacles make up for more than that, so I will let it slide. This 'old-school' way of teaching lets the player feel like they aren't having their hand held with directions and controls popping up right in their face. The controls in this game are loose, but not too loose, giving the player a sense of momentum. Using the jetpack also has some physics behind them, making the player think about how long and far they should boost. The jetpack was definitely done extremely well. However, I do feel as though the wall jump could have used just a little bit of tweaking. Other than that, the controls are next to perfect. The only other bad thing I have to say about the game is the boss. It was quite lack luster. Most of the obstacles are easy to dodge. Durring the throwing of the spinning maces and blades, there is litterally one spot you could just stand still in and easily avoid all the hazards. Here is my final score:

Visuals- 9.5/10
+Smartly placed obstacles
-Lack luster boss
Final Rating- 9/10
----------------------------------------------------

The game could've been just a little bit better as far as the boss goes and although there are many challenging obstacles, some enemy variation would have been fun to destroy along your adventure instead of one kind here and there in a level. However this game was extremely well made and a good challenge, making every obstacle you get passed a reward. And the challenge isn't too tought that it would make someone want to quit right at the spot and give up. Keep up the good work.

lag will screw u over on some of the levels, but great game none the less