Reviews for "Randobot"

Easy mode was ok, but hard mode is just a chore. Designing a game around faulty controls seems almost 'it's not a bug, it's a feature', but the game is pretty well polished and I can definitely see what you were going for.

Ultimately, although I voted the game a 5 because you executed it well, I'm reviewing it a 2 because the concept itself is absolutely terrible.

the control is unbelievably unresponsive, especially when jumping + moving forwards, then combine with "errors", you got a really frustrating and shitty game

ANNOYING
Unique concept...but it's just bad...
I'm okay with pressing until it works, but sometimes you need two buttons (up + right to jump over gap) and one of them fails...
Not the best art and music

While the animation and style were good the game play left much to be desired. Unresponsive controls might have been a good idea on paper, but in practice resulted in an either aggravating and repetitive or overly easy experience. Once you had full control of your robot the game improved slightly but it did not take away from the unoriginal level design, and besides no game should make you work to have fun. I would suggest adding more features, switching up the level design, and focusing on puzzles a little more or make them based around the malfunctions and not just taking away abilities you should have from the get-go.

jesus christ what a shitty gimmick for uninspired platformer