Reviews for "Randobot"

I agree w/ veanum, this is a bad idea for a video game. I lost count of how many times I blamed the game for getting me killed. A good game never takes the brunt of a player's blame for their deaths, as the player understands it was their fault. However, how am I to know the probability the computer decides to calculate when to activate a glitch or not without having a scientific calculator in my head? Keeping in mind my math isn't that bad, but you're talking about expecting the player to remember complex computer algorithms just to stand a chance and 'figure out' when the glitches will happen or not. Aside from mathematicians who may happen to be gamers, you aren't gonna get anything near that from your audience.

Actually, I'll retract part of my original statement. This isn't a "bad concept" per se; in the right hands a game built around glitches can be very well done, but this is a terrible implementation of it. At least offer a probability system easily understood by the player, a gauge of sorts for different abilities trending to show when they will "glitch" (overheat) or something, etc. As-is, it's just not fun (and as someone who's played games like Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts fully and enjoyed every second of it, THAT is how you do difficulty the right way in games, generally speaking).

I do have to give you compliments for the art and sprite work, though, and is the main reason I'm rating this as high as I am. It's fantastic visually, and shows you put some serious effort into the graphical side of things. The music was repetitive and felt out-of-place, tho, like it was trying too hard. So if you ever decide to do a sequel, definitely stick with the visual style but seriously consider some of the ideas I suggested and others to make the game actually playable and fun, w/o skimping on the challenge.

The idea is very interesting and original, 2 stars for that, but overall it just isn't much fun to play. If it's pure luck that you die (which you do. A lot) then there's no motivation for continuing by saying "I'll do better next time!" The idea is great but it's just a horrible design for a game.

really rather dull. Well designed, but the gameplay is erratic and boring.

I hate having to restart a level just because the game doesn't work, especially when the point of the game is that the controls don't work sometimes. Just grinds my gears.

this game made me hate video games !!!!!!