For the month of February we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 210 people to reach our goal of 3,100 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in March!

Reviews for "Randobot"

you dont make faulty controlls a game mechanic. why has no one done this before? because then it's used to pass of a broken game. I will never encourage bad game design, ever.

VascoF responds:

I don't think it's bad game design to "break whatever rules people made for game design". If all people followed the same rules all games would look alike (which is kind of what is happening in most "AAA" games now). As long as the general vision is of value, and is well delivered, that's what really matters.

You know what I didn't want to do? Sit through that boring ass intro.

VascoF responds:

It's possible to fast-forward it by clicking.

This is a game to be played with strategy, not like Mario or Contra. If you know a skill is working perfectly, you can rely on it- and the game offers several ways to deal with enemies and their attacks, so trust the ones that work 100% and don't worry if you don't zap them with the laser right away. The best strategy is to have a working defense FIRST.

The game was interesting, especially the probability factor that you had to account for.

Oh and for the folks having a hard time, it helps if you start by maxing out your main movement skills (left, right, jump, then duck) before adding point into the last two (fire, then jumpjets). Also, don't try to rush through things like it was a race. For the earlier parts (after left and right are maxed out) jump up first (that way you don't glitch up and fall to your death) then move while you are going up.) When you reach fights that let you jump as well as crouch, jump more to dodge and hold down the fire button while fallind back down.

Trust me on this, once your main movement skills are full, the game becomes easier.

I thought it was really interesting how thier was only a certain probablility that you would perform basic actions. It made the game challenging. But that is what also makes the game bad.