Reviews for "Randobot"

Everyone complains about glitches so much.. until you introduce it as a game mechanic. Then all of a sudden it's interesting. To me a glitch is a glitch and it's annoying. It's different. But this annoying quirk is the only thing that the game seems to bank on. Aside from the beautiful graphics of course.

This game, though annoying, beautifully attacks it's premise.

In the beginning, having the jump and left-right glitch out often got me killed, but if you're smarts enough to collect all the energy pellets, that becomes a non-issue fairly quickly. You'll also want to pick up crouch and max it early on as well. Shooting and jet pack can actually go absolutely last, as you use those the least, and very rarely actually put you in a situation through which you can die if it glitches out (even chasms, usually you only need it to work once).

So when the robot glitches out (which it did. VERY frequently), I found myself mashing the button to make it work. Often times, I end up mashing it so quickly that it ends up working, but I let up on the key and I'm back to glitch land while the robot stands there and gets shot. The game encourages quick, but precise concentration. Letting up on that crouch after you finally made it work can mean death for you.

At the end, assuming you collect all the energy pellets, the last level becomes purely about player skill. It's a nice little touch, and I'd actually love to see a sequel with all of this skill implemented (and not probability on whether you die or not). The controls felt pristine (well, as pristine as they can be. They were intentionally clunky for the sake of glitching), and the robot felt like I was in control, even when I saw sparks instead of movement. No sliding, or anything that felt difficult to hold.

The game appears to be relatively bug free, but the hard mode medals did not award to me. It awarded them in game, but it did not show up as on my medals I had gotten below. Slight annoyance, but I can live with it.

Also, Hard Mode isn't much harder than the Normal Mode. The prime difference is that there are far far more purple enemies to fight, and you can level up anything from the start (even jet pack). The scientist has pretty good dialog I think, and I imagine a nerdy voice saying it as if going through notes to himself. In his mind. :>

For the sake of competition, it'd be a nice touch to add a timer for each mission (or playthrough) and put it on a leaderboard. It'd also be nice to see a small hud maybe on the lower right or left with a DD roll to determine the chance. So it shows the roll number, and if the roll number is higher than the probability, it fails. Else, it succeeds. Just an aesthetic.

4.5/5 Would play again. :D

Overall, an addicting game. Checkpoints would be great. The malfunctions made it interesting. 4/5 Because the game could have been longer.. more play time = more fun.

great game! ^^

some idieas for your next game:
more upgrades
start with less power (like 5%)
more lvls so the progress on the robots reactions is slower, that means you have to place your upgrades more carfully

LOVED IT :D

When the bot glitches it would make me die a lot by enemies. but later in the game it got better.