Absolutely horrid little game. You can have half a star for the graphics but the rest was just nasty. I don't mean "difficult" either, dying on bare floors and when I'm not touching anything: That reflects badly on the game's MAKER, not the player!
- Some jump-based levels early on so that the player can get used to it without repeatedly dying.
- Add in a "look down" ability or shrink the screen: It's ridiculous that you need to die to find out what's three blocks below you.
- Add in a "look down" ability, shrink the screen, and/or make the stats take up less room: Less awkward for climbing.
- Get rid of the "easier level once you die" thing: It's patronising and ultimately unhelpful since it stops you being able to learn how to pass certain obstacles (e.g. spike arrangements) early on. Add checkpoints instead.
- If you must do the "easier level once you die" thing: DO IT PROPERLY! Have the robots disappear after a while and no more invisible walls, exploding in mid-air, being carried about by unseen platforms or dying on a normal floor!
- Pixels have to touch before something kills you: It took me a while to work out the robotic pillars killed me since I was just exploding in mid-air. Also, I kept dying when I clearly wasn't touching the robot, not even the imaginary square surrounding it.
- Just about everything needs to move faster: You, the robots, and ESPECIALLY the platforms!
- The medals are too generous: Make the game more playable and throw in some "max trophies, "max gears" and such.
- If I do need to do more than merely complete all the levels before I can fight the boss it should SAY SO. Not just in the opening (assuming it does say it there) but on the screen too for those who skipped the dull intro.
- Opening scene: Words were far too slow and trying to speed them up skipped the entire thing. Worst of all, I get the feeling that's where it would tell me why I can't select the boss fight even though I've passed all the levels. Still, I have all the other medals and so it's no big loss.
- Lastly: Make. The game. Fun.