Reviews for "Bugongo"

This game seems simple at first, but is actually very challenging. For players who want to be the best, it is also complicated because you have to balance speed with taking time out to gather extra items. So far, I have only played through the first world, but the first boss seemed rather easy and simple compared to the rest of the game. I would have preferred a slightly harder boss. The medals you earn are pretty typical. I personally really like to earn medals and the like, but all of the medals in this game will probably be earned from just a single play-through of the game; there aren't any towards which you specifically have to work. Good animation, fault allowance, and core idea; I'll be looking forward to finishing the game!

This is really amazing in every possible way. Sound, graphics, and game play are all top notch. Great job

This is one addictive action platformer with it's beautiful level and character designs(Fiercesome,yet cute-looking armless dragon protecting its egg,maybe it is an Armlessarus Rex?)and a simple and quite realistic plot too(it goes to show the dangers of the outside world for animal species.)The levels has plenty of room to explore except that the continously rolling egg prevents the player from wandering off too far(Who knew that eggsiting was eggstremely hard?)meaning that finding a hidden room has to be done quickly once the egg is blocked.The gold coins,unfortunately,seem to have no real value here as they are found and only saved which,on the positive side,makes getting the medals easier but on the negative side,unable to buy upgrades to improve the character's and egg's skills(The dragon could bite or breathe out fire,maybe?)so powerups do not need to be depended upon so much.Anyway,the game is excellent in this way with or without a shop,because it is fun and engaging.Good work and hope that a second part is coming with different characters.

Very addictive game. I've actually been coming back to it for medals for a couple days now! Smooth movement and pleasant graphics, not too annoying music and challanging levels make for an awesome little flash game! My only quarrels are that I have all of the medals, even the 100% complete one, however my 45 eggs medal never came through, even though I have all 57! I don't know if this has happened to others, but it might be a little bug that needs smoothing out. Also, on occasion I became lodged inside the walls of a cave or floor and had to restart levels because of it, which did get quite frustrating.

However, all in all this is an awesome little game!

I must say, that's quite a great game you've put together! The unique game mechanics are exactly what most modern games are missing. When I say they're "missing" this, I don't mean it as in replicating this game's mechanics, but simply providing something to make the gameplay distinctive.

Another really important factor that makes this game enjoyable is that it's non-linear. There's many branches and secrets which will undoubtedly take some time to discover. First-time players may end up discovering a handful of secrets on accident, which in turn may encourage them to go back and figure out alternate methods to progress through obstacles in order to unveil satisfying secrets they missed previously.

This game deserves more attention. A rather difficult adventure it is, but isn't that what most games are lacking nowadays? It's as if your hard work just vanished from the general audience here on Newgrounds. The complex level design, the abstract art style, the charm of a little dragon chasing his egg, and plenty more landmarks... all completely ignored in at most two months. Why would these people ever care for a challenge when they could simply go about trying to snatch the easiest of medals? They abandoned your passion you had in developing this game. I must spread the word. This game is spectacular. Be right back.