Reviews for "Outpost:Swarm"

THIS GAME IS F#$!%&G AWESOME MATE ! I LOVE THE GAME AND I FINALLY HAVE A WINGMAN! As a australian ill give this 5 stars. NO FOR REAL THANK YOU! AND THE THING I LOVE MOST ABOUT THIS IS THAT I PLAY AS A PERSON FROM MY COUNTRY!

Thanks mate ;)

I had the problem of wanting the medal for camping. I did so and it activated the count down. Or so i thought. The base had explosion happen, but i never died. It just went on going, on and on for 10 minutes. Please fix. Other then that, i like the idea of having the ability to deploy an army. Make it so that they can move, just not out of an area, such as a room. Or maybe you could assign them to a deploy-able barricade that you set up. Turrets are a good idea as well. You could add an upgrade system to these allied units, that you must purchase. Outpost 2 will receive a much higher rating, i would hope. Good luck!!

Hey,
The anti-camping measures don't actually kill you, as that wouldn't be fair, they're there just to stop you doing it again. From memory ( Actual development of this finished by the end of Feb, so I've not touched it for a while aside from this NG version ) it should stop when you lose a life.
In hindsight I should turn it off after 30 secs or so, I think the lesson about camping should be learned by then.
I do like the whole squad thing, but it would then be a very different game, so maybe that's something to think about post-O2.
Thanks for the review and taking the time to play the game mate.

I there a point to all this?
I was trying to figure out the game and got a message that some corporation "frowns on camping." That's how you deal with camping? Threaten to blow me up? Left 4 Dead did it with Smokers, teaching us the burden of curtailing behavior like that is your job as the designer, not mine. Not that it mattered, the level is smaller than my backyard and never changes. Who is this guy following me? Why am I fighting aliens forever? Halo has already been made, if you're going to make yet another incessant boom-fest, you have to put some imagination into it, loud noises and guns guns guns have been done to death. I recall this is a sequel?
You want to shoot aliens? Play X-Com. Not the new one. The 1994 game people are still playing. That's how you shoot aliens.

Squize responds:

"teaching us the burden of curtailing behavior like that is your job as the designer, not mine"
I did, you may not like the way I did it ( Obviously ) but it's still valid as a game mechanic.

Pretty shway.

One thing- I managed to unlock the shotgun... whilst using said shotgun.

Maybe I missed something.

Squize responds:

I think it's more likely I missed something :)
Thanks for flagging that up.

I will give it an awesome rating but hopefully the bug I'm experiencing has a solution. No matter which map I try I will get stuck at wave one. Once last mob is dead it says 20/15 and stays like that. The wave doesn't switch to 2. What is going on is there something I need to do ?!

Squize responds:

Thats a weird one. I'll try and have a look at it this coming week and I'll fire you over a pm if I find and fix it.
Thanks for the review, sorry it wasn't as good an experience for you as it should have been.