Reviews for "Reverie"

Thank you for giving us a decent puzzle platformer. It took a while for the point of the dream mechanic to kick in. Before you find out what it actually does, it seems like just another "switch between dimensions" game, like Time Fcuk and other Flash games or so many Nintendo classics (Link to the Past, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance, Metroid Prime 2, etc.). But then you finally see that this has a nice little unique twist that allows for some really cool puzzles. The two worlds that you switch between do not behave the same, and switching to one is different from switching to the other, and there's something about the act of switching that is very important for solving puzzles.

I think I died more on the last level than on all the other levels combined.

i love games like this keep it up

Good music, although a lot might have appreciated had there been a volume setter. Anyway, I was pretty much stuck at the children's room (with the divided wall) and have naught to do next. It was a great way to pass the time though. :3

Seemed like it would be an enjoyable game, but the well made atmosphere is wasted, as there doesn't seem to be any coherent story elements after the picture in the beginning. I didn't play for long so forgive me if I'm wrong. The gameplay at first seemed pointless, as you were just required to keep the dream mode on for the entire level, but then I saw there was a point to switch it on and off, but really, instead of making this more of a puzzle game, it made it more of a frustrating, hard, timed jumping platformer. Again, forgive me if it's different later on, but I couldn't get past the third or so electrocuted floor after dying numerous times in a row and lost interest.

ladace responds:

Well, the real puzzles come after that level, and new stuff emerges. So forgive me too if I made the levels before them a little bit difficult.

I rather enjoyed this game for the most part. The ambiance is good and kinda spooky, even if it is obviously inspired by Limbo. The music was nice and the visuals were good. The thing that really got to me was the incredibly sluggish jump mechanics. At several points in the game I got stuck simply because the boy wouldn't jump when I told him to. I really would've enjoyed this game if it had played better, but it was definitely still worth my time.