Reviews for "Confound"

there is a annoying delay timer-keyboard... but still a good game! and i want my icecream >:(

This game was not enjoyable or fun in the least, this is what's known as a "challenge game". The only pleasure I derived from it was proving how much better I was than it. In that regard (and that appears to be the only thing the game was trying to do other than be funny which it kind of failed at) it is awesome. 4.5 stars. Because it wasn't funny.

I want my icecream...

I'm pretty much stuck at level 17, so I guess I'll write a review now.

Liked:
-Unusual type of challenge, which focused on the player's ability to constantly change their muscle memory. Definitely had not seen this in a lot of other games, and I like it.
-Nicely designed levels, which definitely fit the 8-bit style the game was going for.
-Jumping, climbing and moving was pretty smooth and accurate. Made the game a whole lot more enjoyable.
-Most of the levels weren't that frustrating, which helped make it re-playable and also extended the game's length.

Disliked:
-Some challenges are based too much on timing. The timing gap for some challenges is so small, it's almost by luck if you get it. It also doesn't help when there's another one of those immediately after it with no pause.
-Some of the longer levels could have used a checkpoint. I still got through them, but it would have been a bit less tedious. (not really one of the bad points in the game, and can be overlooked)

Overall, I'd say this was a pretty good game, especially for your first flash game. I'll definitely come back later and try to finish it.

level 9 is messed up...when i clicked right and there standed left i went right...the same goes for the other directions too, but not all the time...

cupnoodles responds:

You are reading the controls the wrong way. The green arrow indicates the direction, and the white text indicates the button you have to press to go that way. It's working just as intended.