Reviews for "Thoughtform"

Pretty sure the music is stolen from the game, "Man Who Sold the World" The music is called Ascension.

neovers responds:

The music is "Time Decay" created by Morgantj (http://ccmixter.org/files/morgantj/22769). The track is licensed under a Creative Commons license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/sampling+/1.0/).

You can view this information under the 'credits' section in the game.

It's definitely got "surreal" down pat; it makes as much sense as a bad dream. That doesn't mean it's enjoyable in any way, though. The visuals are nearly irrelevant, the story lacks proper motivation, and the gameplay is barely there. Other than switching the lights, freeing the bird, and fetch quests, I don't think I did anything but walk from one side of the screen to the other. I didn't gain anything from this.

If "games as art" is your goal, then you might want to reconsider the definition of both of those terms. It's hard to advance a genre that few people enjoy, and weirding out your audience isn't going to win many friends. Make a game that people want to play and a story people want to hear, then figure out how art fits in.

You put in some effort it seems, but I broke it. Can't do anything with the bird, and with no clues or anything I can only assume that there's a problem with the game. Nice try.

Really shameless copy of Coma. Worse, the mechanics are terrible, there's no powerful underlying emotions that the art conveys, and it's not fun, interesting or engaging. It's faux-art, copying the superficial aspects of games like Coma or Nevermore, without the same level of artistry, attention to detail, or composition.

so confusing! i dunno whats next when a person said "the bird.. DO IT!" @@