Reviews for "Hexagon"

This game is a "surgical precision" type of game. My current record is one minute sixteen seconds(not bad, right?) and it does take time to even survive through level one, but it's a challenge and that's awesome...

So the upsides: the gaming experience(enhanced also by the visuals and sound to make some excellent tensions) is rare and just excellent and the addictiveness level is ideal, for you keep on playing daily, but not for very long at a time so it stays fun and healthy in my opinion.

The downsides, which probably have been mentioned earlier but are a part of my experience, so will be mentioned...
Well the controls are difficult to get use to, especially with oversteer, but skill overcomes this. One thing that does bother me allot is that because the game randomly generates the levels it sometimes makes it impossible for you to dodge, because the first line is tight, forcing you to choose a way through before you can see what comes next and then it turns out you chose wrong and there is no exit within physically achievable reach... I hope an update could fix that, it would really boost my opinion on this game.

A difficult to master control for granted and a sometimes physically unbeatable level generator aside I just have allot of fun playing this game and aiming endlessly to break my record. I give this one four stars, because it just really is a fun and challanging game

This game is so addicting! I play it during boring lectures and so far I've made it to square. Very entertaining and that's good enough for me.

"Game over"

I really want to like this game, and give it a high(er) rating, but I just can't.

The fact is the idea behind this game might be good, but the execution of it is well beyond poor.
It fundamentally lacks any form of balance.
There is allmost literally no build up: after the start anything can happen, because this game is completely randomized.
Why have levels in a game whereas progression depends so heavily on being lucky (because of the random environment) instead of having actual skill?
Per example: getting to level 3 is only harder than getting to level 2 because of the length it will take you to get there (if you die in between/have seperate attempts), because it is a randomized "level" and not a designed one.
This makes for a poor gaming experience.

It has been mentioned in other reviews too but I'll say it as well: the fact that you have to use the directional keys and that you'll easily shift too far is too problematic.

This game could be about timing and insight, but the controls aren't perfect and the game is randomized in various ways and each of those ways is problematic, and because of this it is more about how much a person can take, how lucky he is/how the randomly generated environment is.

The music gets far too repetitive, because it can take ever so long to get higher in this game.
Therefore the option to mute music, or to choose a different tune is a must.

Also a seizures-warning is mandatory for any game like this: the bright flashes, the changing of colors, the rapid pulsating shapes.
Do you realise not warning people about the possible side-effects of playing this game can be a serious hazard? Companies put those warnings up to prevent that and possible law-suits that may follow accordingly if they don't.

Ugh, dear GOD. I have a strong stomach and great eyes, but this game made me feel like puking and gave me a splitting headache after about 20 seconds of gameplay. The constant throbbing motion combined with the loud colors is Hell on me.

If the constant motion were taken out, it might be fun. As it is, it's a nightmare.

Thanks for the seizures-warning......