For the month of February we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 207 people to reach our goal of 3,100 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in March!

Reviews for "Newborn Unicorn"

Very cute and quirky.

Haha, a lovely little storyline if not a little predictable and (almost) cliché these days. I found the lack of dialogue made it cuter and more subtle. It's simple but very nice and heartwarming. The animation at times was a little awkward and at points, it was hard to see what point you were trying to make. Overall though, the storyline was clear and it was plain to see what was going to happen.

In terms of comedy, I think there was only ONE really funny bit... when the little boy got his ice cream stolen and he slowly (still with the same facial expression) turns to see that it's gone. That moment was very well captured.

A nice little cartoon that deserves a chance.

~ DustyPeach

CaptainNick responds:

Agree with the story being hard to understand at points for sure, glad the point still came across though. Storytelling is something I'm working on.

Thanks for the review!

That was a cute little touching story. Although there were a few mild bumps in the animation's momentum (Music and some tiny little parts in the animation) it didn't ruin the cute, sentimental tale that you were telling. Just as you've mentioned it felt rushed but again no blame should be thrown at your part. I was originally going to give you 2 in a half out of 5 but you've proved to me from my expectation and personal guess that it was going to be a film that was rushed and had no sensibilities or crafted taste you've proved me wrong friend. I enjoyed this short I really honestly did and to show for your troubles I want to bestow you a good well given score. a 3/5 and a 3/5 in voting power. You've done a wonderful job, I can see great artistic potential in you. Hopefully you won't feel rushed by anything or by anyone in your works due to deadlines or shrewd individuals, to me you deserve patience and toning on your works in order to get the satisfaction on knowing you did it right and perfectly. I hope you've enjoyed this review and I want you to have a pleasant day knowing you did well. Keep contributing my friend and stay creative. Good day.

CaptainNick responds:

Storytelling is absolutely something I am working on. You picked a very accurate username Mr. Sage, I appreciate your kind words and the thought that went into this. My day definitely got better just by reading a well thought-out but honest review.

Keep on being wonderful.