Reviews for "Collect"

It's been proven many times that if a simple concept is taken and executed correctly it will always out shine an idea that's too complex this game is the perfect example of the former.

An addictive game that's easy to pick up but hard to master requiring lots of trial and error to reach the objective truly befitting the theme of evolution.

However due to the repetitive nature of the game I think a checkpoint is essential even if its a minor one that could return you to the 2nd or 3rd tests just so it breaks up a bit of the monotony and might keep the player invested longer.

Nitpicking aside this is a solid game, good work and good luck in the competition.

goooooooooddddddd

Wow, this was one incomprehensible game. I can understand why there's so many games that focus on evolution. I'm no biologist, but this was certainly too complicated for me to understand. The weird thing is that there isn't a lot of detail, but it's still too difficult. I don't know how to make heads or tails of this. I guess it was at least a unique game.

The music was at least good and certainly fit the tone. Thank you so much for having some easy medals. I'll probably never figure out how to advance past the second level. Well, there's probably a tutorial floating around the Internet somehwere. This is just so nutty!

It should say 11th, 12th, and 13th instead of 11st, 12nd, and 13rd.

It wasn't until my 16th generation that I realized I could control where I start each level because you start exactly where you finished the last one. It makes it like a puzzle. Nice level design.

A deceptively complex game built around a remarkably simple concept, and thoroughly enjoyable to boot!
I'll be honest, when I started playing, I didn't give much thought to the paths I was taking, but after 10 or so generations, it started to click how there were clearly more optimal paths around for each level that would simplify the route and better prepare for each subsequent level. I must admit I really appreciated the persistent paths, and I particularly liked how as you get up beyond 30 generations, how the noise in the paths starts impacting the accuracy of your shots, as it becomes harder to recognise the true path, especially when you start missing more and more.

Managed to finish in 44 generations in my first play through, and in 13 in my second, though I could've got it in less had I not fudged a couple of shots near the end and not overspent on bounces.

Overall, a really fun game that made me think about things more than I initially though I'd have to. Well worth the time spent!