Reviews for "Reaching Finality"

The music was nice and the graphics were straightforward.
The gameplay, however felt quite bland. There only thing to upgrade was the hp, and you're stuck with a melee pitchfork for the whole game.

It was nice that you can walk diagonally... but you can't hit diagonally? How does that make any sense? Is it that much harder to code? If it didn't matter, I wouldn't complain. But it does matter because the bats fly through walls all the time. I HATE bats.

Only being able to save your location at the beginning of the palace was infuriating, since it took me several tries to beat the final boss. It is way too fast the third time he does the bouncy ball thing (esp if he spawns near the center), and is made far worse because the atk button fails ~ 10% of the time. Again, normally this wouldn't matter, but when you have to return the ball 10 times in a row, 10% failure turns into 65% failure. Suddenly, the 9 hearts just isn't enough.

For those who are after the medals, there are 9 hearts; 6 are before the palace. One of the palace hearts is in a room that can only be accessed by walking through a wall. It's in a long horizontal hallway, and it's obvious where it is if you look at the floor.

. . .

I didn't finish this game, but it is a testament to my loathing of front page game jam submissions. This is a boring Legend of Zelda clone, where all the difficulty stems from the inflexibility of the controls. God forbid if a bat flies at you from an ANGLE!

Still, I've seen worse games, so 2.5/5.

Kcori responds:

I'd love to hear what exactly what you thought was boring about it for future reference. The combat probably would have been better had your attack been a horizontal slash rather than a stab, a la Link to the Past.

Thanks for playing anyway.

When i want to play Zelda i put on my N64..
Too boring and repetative. The sounds were annyoing too.

Greatheart Vzally, Not technically a vally. That cracked me up XD and by the way, excellent game!