Reviews for "Snowdrift"

Duuuuuuuuuuude.... This game is Creepy as hell :O 5 stars, cuz I almost pissed myself :D

Placeable responds:

Haha! Glad you liked it :)

I played this at night......with the volume up.........WORST idea ever.

But all in all great game. I can see you put so much effort in this and you don't see that much in newgrounds anymore. I played this game for hours on end and survived to day 20, but on that day poor Sam got stuck in the dark for the first time.......and then I nearly died of fright. I started getting the screamers on day two and got them repeatedly for the whole game, on the first night I got the weird blob slugging towards me. This was the only horror game that I have ever played that made me feel truly alone, scared out of my mind, and paranoid. I loved every minute of it, the pixle art was beautiful and the animations were lifelike, I couldn't stop playing barely enough to make this review. The story really captured me and I felt like I was Sam being hunted by darkness in the cold woods. This is one of the best if not THE best games in Newgrounds period. The one and oly complaint I had was with the bars. To me they seemed to deplete too quickly but execpt for that, BEST GAME EVER!!

I'm giving this thing 5/5 for sure

Placeable responds:

Sweet man! Glad you liked it. Did you manage to get an ending yet?

Well, I played and got the good ending. It was very well done. The graphics are definitely taken from another game(s?), but not in a tacky way. The atmosphere was the main scare tactic (that, and the jump scares). The controls were smooth and the game seems fairly deeply thought-out.

However, it is very, very vague. The tutorial shows only the bare-bones mechanics of the game. If you could make a page with a few hints it would help people out immensely. Like I said, I got the good ending. I know how to get an ending (talk to the stranger three times), but not what decides the ending you get (I do have an idea, though). There is also very little backstory, at all. This is probably intentional, but some places it would have been nice. I figured out who the girl was, but what is the deal with the blob? It is another denizen of the darkness, but is it hostile, and how does it get into your house? Anyway, this game is very well made and very worth the play.

Here are a few hints for people who are struggling:
1. Put like 4 things of firewood in the fire a day. That number is a bit high, but trust me, you don't want to be in the room when the lights go out.
2. Scout out the surroundings; know where there are bushes and a small lake.
3. Make a daily route that will take you to a few bushes and the lake.
4. When going to sleep at night, make sure you just drank and have a full thing of water, as well as a few berries and a few logs in the fire place.
5. This is only a hunch, so I don't know for sure, but to decide the ending you're going to get *SPOILERS* change how much you go out at night. Going out very little in the darkness will get you a higher ranking. This is due to the darkness *MAJOR SPOILERS* not wanting people studying and bothering them.
*END SPOILERS*

Anyway, great game and I found it enthralling, fun, suspenseful and well-done, but also a bit too vague.

Placeable responds:

Thank you for the review!

Yes a lot of thins are left vague for the purpose of the game's story or genre rather. You figured out who the girl is? I think its clear who she is if you've spoken to the Stranger at least the first time OR if you have received the Neutral Ending.

As for the "blobs" people call them, if you get the Bad Ending you'll know what they are :)

5 day...
It is a very good game. I would preferred more animals, but it´s ok. Nice concept, and nice present for the 3 or 4 night, it almost die because the joy :)

very good long term game if you can get over the freaking screamer! It makes you think and wonder only giving you minimal information, very good for a real scare. does it's job of getting inside your head despite it's simplicity.