Reviews for "King Dugan's Dungeon ep.1"

A unique puzzle-action dungeon crawler. If you like puzzles and dungeons, it's worth your time!

Being an avid player of DROD for years, I am thrilled to see the series in the flash format! Not only does it revisit some classic levelsets, it also enhances them to be more suitable for beginners, while still challenging players.

There's something for everyone here, it's puzzles, action, thinking, devising strategies, and the good news is that you don't have to possess lighting-quick fingers to play this. The game takes as much time as you need, which means you can go grab a cup of coffee while it's running, and nothing will have changed, but you can also move through the rooms at high speed if you wish.

Another aspect I like about DROD is its predictability. All monster and element behavior is set in stone, and an exact sequence of moves will always lead to an exact same reaction from the game. There are no random elements involved at all, which means this is a game of pure skill. Over time you will learn to understand the more complex elements in the game, and you will just *know* what will happen when you make a certain move. This doesn't make anything trivial though, just more fun!

If you like this game, there are stand-alone releases of DROD that you can try, which feature a bigger room size, and a lot more elements. There's also a level editor, allowing players to make levelsets which live up to the quality of the official ones, or even surpass them. There's a very friendly and nice community too!

If you loved stand-alone DROD you'll love this.
If you've never played DROD - it's a Puzzle / Strategy mix - lots of fun.

Amazing puzzler!

Excellent puzzle game!
This is a new and vibrant kind of puzzle game that has so much scope for development.
It feels like someone hated chess (just like me) and decided a complete overhaul and made it fun.
I enjoyed thinking for tens of minutes and trying again and again till I finished the level.
Some of the levels were really difficult and I confess I used external help for those.

I don't have a single complaint with the game itself.
The undo feature was an absolute necessity however, I would have liked it to store my previous 5 steps instead of 3.

And somehow, the achievements register just fine but some of the medals (including the most difficult ones) don't. And I don't want to erase my data and play all over again to try for those. So, can you include an achievement verification every time a start the game that will update the medals accordingly?

Great game altogether, I hope you post the sequels soon with plenty more medals to go around.
Cheers !

Skellus responds:

Actually they should register on the first title screen visit or so (I don't exactly remember right now). I'll look into it right now, but if it would be possible for you to PM me a list of those which haven't recorded properly?
Or nevermind, just checked, it doesn't. I will update the file in a few minutes!