Reviews for "Slime's Cake Quest"

Some really nice puzzle dynamics, but very easy. Some of the ideas could be extended into some more elaborate level designs

MintPaw responds:

Yeah, if we had more than 3 day we probably would of made some better levels. We might even expand this game for another release.

If the barfing isn't working for anyone, try refreshing and making sure your browser is at 100% zoom. That worked for me.

Very impressive work for the time constraints. But the level design is lacking to say the least. Puzzle platformers are about more than just pushing buttons to open doors. Too many of the levels are just about going back and forth over and over again while pushing buttons. It's very repetitive. I liked the idea of spitting out food to activate the springs though.

And... why am I still at the surface after I've already been breaking through the ground?

MintPaw responds:

Thanks, the level design would of been expanded if time permitted.

And because of a lack of backgrounds, that's why.

Haven't been able to barf either, but I can tell that this game has some definite promise! If you ever choose to go back and tweak it, (other than fixing the barfing) I would recommend making him a bit less "slidey" if that makes any sense. It felt like I was trying to make precision jumps with a slime covered in slippery oil.

Still, the gameplay is fun enough, I hope that the barfing issue is resolved soon.

MintPaw responds:

Thanks, yeah, I'm not sure what's up with that, people are saying that. Refreshing your browser solves this problem, and there is auto save.

And I do seem to have a problem with making my games too slidey.

It was decent. The controls are too touchy though especially when jumping.

I find this to be a very simple but entertaining Flash puzzle game. Most of the graphics are well-drawn in a minimalistic yet cute style, the controls are simple and fluid and the puzzles' difficulty curve is pretty smooth. My only complaint is that the hitboxes for the spikes and enemies are too big.