Reviews for "The Fat Anime Collab 5"

Ehh, potty humour. Can be funny, but doesn't deserve a place on the front page. Maybe try to appeal to people on Newgrounds instead of 4chan? Rancidity isn't really the flavour of Newgrounds.

That being said, I'll now review the actual content. The animation was passable. I wasn't sure if that hamster thing was actually animated by your team. If it was, it was done fairly successfully. I've seen better, but it was fairly fluid. The animations where people shit left something to be desired, as the drawing and animation seemed a little rushed, or perhaps a little lackadaisical. The remainder of the animation wasn't anything special, just scrolling pictures and picture transitions, nothing to be proud of by any stretch of the imagination, and didn't really make the flash look much prettier, but I think you probably got what you were going for.

The audio was fairly weak. Random music and sound effects didn't really add much to the presentation. At times I was downright bored by the music. It didn't really seem to be chosen with much tact, if any, so I can't say I enjoyed the music, except for little snippets of songs that I occasionally enjoyed.

This could have been improved by incorporating a plot. You weren't trying to express any ideas or themes, besides "poop and fat people are funny." For your next project, I would suggest actually constructing some characters, maybe a plot, maybe try to convey something somewhat meaningful to the audience. There's tons of soulless, superficial stuff in the world. You don't need to contribute more.

I found it disappointing of you that you did not draw your own pictures. I KNOW that this would have been received a lot better if you had created 100% of the artwork. Compiling something like this does take work, I'll give you that. But it takes nowhere near as much work as actually creating your own content does.

I can't and won't give this flash a zero, because that's not what it deserves. Work went into this, and time was spent on it, that you'll never get back. That's not worth a zero. However, it will receive a low score. It was a low quality production.

If you INSIST on doing another of these fat collabs, I strongly encourage you to take it a bit more seriously. I know, I know, that sounds ridiculous considering the nature of this collab. But at the very least, do your own artwork, and try to fully animate it. That would separate it from a poor, slideshow-esque flash "animation," and turn it into something much more enjoyable to watch.

I obviously know you're not going to make a plot for this, or try to contribute anything of value-besides shock. Just try to make something better, because it seems that you're tight with Tom, so you might as well use your influence to put something on the front page that's good for something besides cheap lulz from 12 year olds.

FatBadger responds:

Try to appeal to the people of NG??? Says the guy who has had an account for a year...WOW

kinda funny

"Have a point, Newgrounds. Because right now, you're all sickening and I would rather see you dead."

Hahahahahahaha
Gosh, I'm more ashamed of there little twerps who get offended at everything and have produced NOTHING, Rather than you guys who bring this unshamedly fun stuff back to the portal. RIP Zekey.

Cheers for bringing NG back to its roots and delivering a slap to some of the userbase.

I don't see the point of collecting a bunch of pictures of the internet and putting them into a flash. That is that art gallaries are for. If you were trying to go for humor with this, it was very immature and unfunny. This didn't feel ironic enough for me to be able to assume it was intentionally bad to be funny. Also, Reecer6 had a point, if you care so much about useless comments, why are you only pointing out the useless comments that give you a low rating and not the useless comments that just say stuff like "I like it!" without explaining why. All that being said, keep trying and perhaps you can make something amazing.

This is disgusting, and not in an "ewww fat people" way. There was no need for the random scat, bad sound effects, rubbing, and random crap that you added at the end. What's the point? If you want to make videos full of random crap then at least label it as such in the short description.