Reviews for "Spanish Guitar 4 WIP 2"

Well what do we have here!
The drums sound really nice, not too noisey, but still clean. That hi-hat is a bit too present in my opinion, you could just turn the volume down a little, or use an EQ to filter out the slightly too present high frequencies. Just what suits the rest of those mellow drums best.
The intro is great, the campfire sounds are really yummy, and the synth melody stays interesting because of the syncopation, delay and phaser, and when the drums kick in (no pun intended) it all kinda adds up.
After four rounds of the whole progression, I'm in need of a change in song parts. I'd love something bigger, a chorus probably, but a prechorus would also do. Those additional low-ish chords that come in at around 0:32, at the fourth time the progression starts, could start at the fifth, at 0:40. That way, you'd have two rounds of just synth, two rounds of synth/drums (in which you could build up with, for example, a Sweep effect), after which you have more room for a 'chorus', and also more material that you could use to really boost it, meaning those chords from 0:32.
Some higher pads could really work to give it a fuller sound, since that frequency is not really occupied yet. A main melody would really work as well I'd say, which would be the melody from 0:58. Really catchy by the way. We could make that a chorus, so you could build off after that toward a midsection, breakdown, final chorus and outro. Kind of what I'd do by means of song structure.
Note that I'm really not saying you should go all out. There's a huge difference between adding more layers to your song to make it more full and going full bezerk bombastic-fest. The mellow vibes are really cool, so you wouldn't want to waste them. So, in review; fuller, definately not louder.

So all in all, I really love your ideas, great vibe, and great down-to-earth drums (fit reeaally well with the rest by the way). Just the song structure that could use some work.
Making great progression mate, do keep it up! :D

cnvd responds:

Thanks a bunch for the review, I'm gonna keep working on this one and definitely take your advice! I've updated this song once since this upload, but all that's changed is a bit more variety in the drums and more mastering. The drums are all in FPC and I haven't bothered to split them into seperate tracks, but that'll definitely happen before I consider this song finished, which I hope to do at some point. I know someone who plays the drums so maybe I can bribe him with sweets or something to play some for the song. I can't see myself doing any new songs for a few months, I've got finals when school comes back from break and I'm starting to learn guitar. (hopefully that'll work its way into a song in the future). Anyways, thanks a bunch for the review and sorry for the ramble.