Reviews for "War of the Shyguys"

I love how it is mixed between 8-BIT and HD well done! all my 5 stars belong to you!

good animation, you guyz and girlz!

did anybody thought of hydra bob when they saw the shy green dude?

It just doesn't do anything for me. At first I was thinking, "Oh nice, finally a female protagonist on newgrounds that isn't voiced over by a guy." But the protagonist had the same tone of voice and the same retorts to everything that interacted with her. That really grated on me. The first time she dropped a witty retort was kind of funny, but then it became apparent this was going to get used a lot and it was. The other voice acting was good, though. I especially liked the choices for the green shy guy and the captain.

The plot wasn't really all that great either, but some guys below me have pointed that out well enough that I will leave it alone.

Remember the Super Mario Brothers Super Show from way back in the day? This animation felt a lot like that show. This was nostalgic, but it reminded me of the cheesiness of the old cartoons from that time period. "Holy Shooting Stars" being a good example. I felt like the whole animation could have been brought up to a PG13 level and been more relevant. You know, as relevant as cartoons can be :P

Anyway, I won't punish you for my preferences, you did a good job with this. I think 4.5 is more than fair considering the quality of the content. Just please, develop the main character a bit more, she was a bit too one dimensional in this presentation.

That was pretty epic, I can't wait to see what happens next :D