Reviews for "Run N Jump Demo 2"

its long for a demo
and i like it

The game is a good time waster, if it does become a full game then it will be the best platformer on here!

For a demo, it's quite awesome. It has a nice concept, it just lacks the work to turn it into a complete game. Also, I can't seem to find the the other secret level which supposedly is where you put my Tetris remix

Zeck2709 responds:

thanks, and I am working on the full game now since i've finished all my coursework, meaning more characters, more levels, better enemies, bosses, a story, etc. Oh. and the entrance to the tetris level is on a platform in the third sand level. Great remix!

ooow awesome game love the soundtrack :P

Well..

On one hand this is a great start. I did play it all the way through twice so that i could find the secret levels. I think that the controls, etc. work fine.

But at the same time the game feels really unfinished. There are what I am certain are unintended ways around some of the levels. (like dropping off the edge of the screen and coming back on further down or hopping over a wall rather than climbing the tunnels). Even though I thought the random fodder enemies were funny, they didn't really qualify as enemies as they don't do anything and can't hurt you. 'Bosses' could also be skipped by just landing in the correct spot. And finally the commands you don't need. Ground pound didn't seem to do anything more than jumping on people and i actually forgot that sprint was there until just before writing this review (so that is how I was 'supposed' to make that jump that I circumvented) so it wasn't needed either.

Oh, and just kind of a pet peeve, the platforms blending into the background. Not cool.

Even though I liked that you tried to do some perspective shift with the background it turned out really erratic and ended up being more distracting/annoying than anything. But at least you tried.

I think you have a pretty good set up for a platform game. I liked that you added secret levels which were kind of nice and gave me a smile. I think you need to do some finessing and add some story to your game and you could have something really fun. I gave this a 3/5 and 4 stars,kind of split the difference between what you posted and the potential for what you could do. Keep up the good work.