Reviews for "Bounty + Hunter"

Amazing, beautiful animation, funny story, great eye for detail.
However.... the movements sometimes seemed a bit slow, unatural, like when LenZ was running on all fours, it looked like he wasn't that fast at all, other than that this is one of the best 3D animations I've ever seen! Keep up the good work.

Brilliant! I'd give a full score for it's overall impressiveness but there are some point that could be improved that I'll mention to keep the review grounded :)

I'll begin by saying the overall piece was very well done. How many people worked on it? what were your tasks specifically? the scope and feel of the animation was very well pulled of, cinematography felt fluid and smooth, and the whole thing was enjoyable and entertaining.

If there are a few small points that could be improved, I think adding a more gritty feel to your textures and a more contrasting approach to lighting would bring the whole thing out a lot more, it felt slightly flatter in some places like the train station. Bringing out the ambient occlusion to let the light and shadow bounce off of the objects themselves instead of seemingly relying on just the environment lighting. Your use of bump/specular mapping was good but it felt a little too 'shiny' in some places, perhaps lowering the specular refractions and working more on the way the light falls into shadow instead of highlights. The train station is the best example of the application of what I'm talking about.

These are just some things I think could bring it out, but those aside the whole thing was great, It, and you, are now on my favorites as I very much look forward to seeing what you come up with in the future!

LenZ responds:

Thx for the pointers, I'll totally get better next time ^^ It's just me doing everything but the music lol

Oooh, what did you use, what did you use?

Was it Blender?

LenZ responds:

I used Maya

This is VERY good, the lighting especially, it was tremendously good. I'd love to know how long it took you, was it a month/year long project? How many people did you work with?

impressive animation but i didnt really like the physics of her hair and the color of her eyes
still, it was so awesome