For the month of April we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 96 people to reach our goal of 3,100 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in May!

Reviews for "Johnny Upgrade"

Really like the game. You start with nothing and have to build up your johnny gradually to make him jump higher, move faster and lots of more options.. Music is nice and the controls are very responsive.

Needs some work on overall concept this is good though

Nice upgrader game but a little to much guidens/forced to upgrade

The beginning is incredibly confusing, and no attempt at explanation is given. However, getting the hang of things isn't at all hard, and the game progresses intuitively. The upgrade aspect makes the pacing rather boring, however. You reach your character's current limitations, you buy an upgrade or two, and you run into another obstacle that your character cannot pass without further upgrades. You repeat the process until everything is purchased, and in the process you redo the same level again and again and again. The repetition is what really brings the score down. If it were a bit more random or varied, that would help the gameplay significantly. When you beat the boss, it should feel like "Hey, I won the game!", not "Finally, I won after playing that level a hundred times."The artwork feels a little cheesy, but is otherwise alright. Overall, good idea, but needed smoother execution to keep the player on their toes.

fun, well made, and quite diverting