Reviews for "Poke A Mon Demo"

Movements a little sluggish and glitchy, but so far as it is, I bet the final's gonna be worthwhile and really good!

Nentindo responds:

Thanks for your review! Don't know why everyone's saying it's slow though... I'll have to look into it.

The movement system is very buggy, with the sprite freezing in odd places. And as you noted, the battle system is not at all ready, so it becomes very difficult to judge the potential quality of this flash. And the color version of the home screen is basically useless, I would recommend just making that the default. And I would like to offer the suggestion of "Toke A Mon" as a new title. But I see potential, and weed is fun.

Nentindo responds:

I don't know why everybody says it's buggy... And in the full version the colour easter egg (Also, I'm glad somebody found it) will be a full version of the game.
And your name idea is a joke of a joke, so not many people would recognize Toke A Mon as a Pokemon parody. Maybe the sequel if the full version is well received could be called that.
Thanks for the review!

I so so so...so want to like this. But the controls really need adjusting, and I mean badly. And graphically it certainly brings back that old pokemon feel. Other then that I just don't know man.

Nentindo responds:

Fair enough. Thanks for the review!

The game looks like it could be quite fun and I look forward to seeing it. Possibly make a profile view of the sprite so when they walk sideways its not sidestepping :P but loved it as a concept

Nentindo responds:

Yeah, hopefully that problem will be sorted in the full version... Thanks for the review!

Beta tester testing a beta:

Since this is only a demo, I'll comment in relation to the stage of development it is in.

The art is nice enough for sprites, obvious inspiration from Pokemon, I liked the scenery. The Oak character was detailed, and looked the best out of the demo. Though if you have time, I'd really add some colour, unless you are going for a gameboy/high feeling.

The controls need work. You lag around the outer rim, and you speed along like crazy in the middle. I realize it's a demo, but you need to get the basics down first.

I can see how this would make a clever full game, but you might want to check some forums or even ask for some collaborative help.

Nentindo responds:

Colour? Ah, you need to find the easter egg for that... But that's not finished for this, sadly.

The outer bit of the screen was where you're supposed to stop, but the programs understanding of the word stop is to make you go slowly.

And I've already talked with some people about ideas for the full version, but I may seek out other help.

Thanks for the review!