Reviews for "Poke A Mon Demo"

Movement is horrible, graphics are mediocre.

Nentindo responds:

I'll grant you the first one, but the graphics are supposed to be crap.

this game sucks

Nentindo responds:

Well, despite the massive contradiction made with your review, thanks for the review!

The game looks like it could be quite fun and I look forward to seeing it. Possibly make a profile view of the sprite so when they walk sideways its not sidestepping :P but loved it as a concept

Nentindo responds:

Yeah, hopefully that problem will be sorted in the full version... Thanks for the review!

Well it looks funny but seeing as how the battle system doesn't work this isn't even a preview this is more of a way to lay out the concept so that's what I'll rate you on.

Thanks for the review!

Beta tester testing a beta:

Since this is only a demo, I'll comment in relation to the stage of development it is in.

The art is nice enough for sprites, obvious inspiration from Pokemon, I liked the scenery. The Oak character was detailed, and looked the best out of the demo. Though if you have time, I'd really add some colour, unless you are going for a gameboy/high feeling.

The controls need work. You lag around the outer rim, and you speed along like crazy in the middle. I realize it's a demo, but you need to get the basics down first.

I can see how this would make a clever full game, but you might want to check some forums or even ask for some collaborative help.

Nentindo responds:

Colour? Ah, you need to find the easter egg for that... But that's not finished for this, sadly.

The outer bit of the screen was where you're supposed to stop, but the programs understanding of the word stop is to make you go slowly.

And I've already talked with some people about ideas for the full version, but I may seek out other help.