Reviews for "_-={The Tanks Thunder}=-_"

Wow!

This is the exact opposite of my review of _-=(Simpler Times)=-_ which was that it lacked energy. This is perfect, AWSOME BALANCE! its has a perfect mix of feel, attiutde, organization, and originality. (the usual MaestroRage)

MaestroRage responds:

There are quite a few pieces on here that have significantly more power then even this. However despite all that, this is still one of my personal favorite pieces. I don't usually make pieces like _-={Simpler Times}=-_, but if I don't make pieces like that at all, I would be incapable of making them period D:, and then I would be useless to a lot of people :(

But thats just my little rant, thank you kindly for the review, i'm glad you liked it :D!

Almost...

A great piece of work which I should have reviewed a long time ago when I first heard it. Although, if I had to suggest an instrument to add... I would have to go with a very deep drum... like the Taiko drums. An example would be "Taiko Brigade- Medal of Honor:Pacific Assault OST". The parts of the song that completely lack drums do not bring enough of the feel you'd expect hearing giant cube of armor and guns storming through the lines, bouncing and clanking off the ground with every tree, rock, and obstacle in that would stand in front of them.
Although it still portrays a coming battle very well, and, after hearing your more recent works, I'm sure I you already know a few changes you'd make anyway.

MaestroRage responds:

and i'd agree with you. There are a few things i'd like to do to this song at this point. The deep taiko drums for example, is a great idea. Some deep hammer noises might add to it. Instrumentally speaking a few things could be cleaned up, and with close to 0 equalizing that could be added on.

I haven't heard this piece, but I will definitely check it out. Thank you for the suggestion!

And thanks again for the review, whether it be a year, or 4 years delayed, it is never too late to share an opinion :). I'm glad you liked the piece!

Excelent

Very nice, although I feel like its missing something. Out of curiosity, what software do you use? Its very hard to find quality samples, specially those of brasses.

MaestroRage responds:

Yes this song is missing a good climactic build up, and an appropriate ending. An ancient song, one I still hold close to my heart :')

As for the samples, this one was made largely from Edirol Orchestral, with the odd sample here and there from East West Symphonic Orchestra Gold. Now I just use East West.

I know exactly what you mean... Brass is incredibly difficult to find for some reason. The closest I came to finding some decent ones are Project SAM's Brass collection. Check it out if you'd like!

Thank you for the review, i'm glad you liked it!

not bad.

but it scored only passable due to a lack of both length and a climax. it has potential, but unfortunately, it has an unfinished feel to it.

MaestroRage responds:

very true miserablestar. At the time of it's production I was not skilled enough to produce a powerful enough climax, or a powerful enough ending, and so had to end it where it stood. I don't regret that choice for i'm sure should i have tried to end it, it would have lost significant power.

Thank you for your review.

TO WAR!!

i could listen to this if you made it another 60 hours long!!

MaestroRage responds:

60 hours is a very long time to listen to a song. It might even drive you crazy...

>:}

Thank you for the review, i'm glad you liked it!