Reviews for "Star Systems"

Great job as always buddy, I really like the JRPG theme, would work well as an old Final Fantasy track hahaha

DanJohansen responds:

That is a huge compliment good sir, Nobuo is one of my all time favs. Glad you dig the track pal!

This is a really nice sounding track. It flows from one part to the next smoothly and has a really good amount of variation to it. For being only three and a half minutes long, so much happens in it.

And, most importantly, you went and really hit the nail on the head when it came to emulating the style and sound of the 16-bit era of gaming. Great job on making such an era-appropriate track.

DanJohansen responds:

Thanks for the awesome review Retroman! Glad you approve of the era I was going for.
I recently got Tales of Hearts R and I've almost reached the ending of it, and it's at times equally retro in the music as the 16/32 bit era. Pure classic styled JRPG with a great battle system and a WORLD MAP. So rare to get that these days.

Anyways, sorry for going off topic XD Thanks again!

The music, its mentioned me the past childhood memories of Megaman X game. Great!
the track I listen until the ending part, the sounds change, its feel weird......

DanJohansen responds:

Megaman X games had awesome music indeed! Glad you like it man.
It doesn't change sound at the end actually, but it gets slower, look at it like a potential game over screen or a bittersweet victory. It has a tempo change as well that can to some feel a little bit strange, but trust me, if you listen to it again and again it will feel perfectly natural.

Dang man, this is just amazing music, I'm honestly surprised that your not making music for games like Starbound, because this would honestly be an amazing song to go with any Sci-Fi/Action game! Hope you keep making stuff like this into the future, because you definitely have the talent to go professional!

DanJohansen responds:

Thanks dude for the awesome review and compliments, I hope to make music for some awesome sci fi games in the future for sure. It would be an absolute blast to get that opportunity.

Cool mang. I can't believe you aren't writing for big companies yet. It's bullshit. haha. This is super rad, brother. Nice work. Got me in the vibe of spaceship fighting...haha.

DanJohansen responds:

Space fighting kicks ass! haha, glad you are open minded enough to enjoy this kind of old-school video game stuff! Keep on rocking brother!