Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Cellar Door"

This was the first horror game I've played in a long time, and I tried playing through with a skeptic's mindset.
That being said, it still had its points where I wanted to jump.
Most of the ghosts/visions easily could have been cheesy, but they were placed well enough that they worked. It seems that some of them are random(i.e. they don't always appear the first time you enter a room), which is a really nice touch.
The timer adds a nice element of suspense to the game, sort of like an impending doom scenario.
My favorite element of this game however, was the view. The fisheye sort of camera worked wonders on establishing the creepy environment.
All things considered, I give it a 4.5/5.

ProgressivegamesDLE responds:

Thanks. All the things you mention are the things we really had a lot of focus on while producing this. As you may have read in previous comments, this was a beta test for future projects, so we really appreciate the detailed feedback. And that you like the stuff that we like about it. :)

im littlerly crying this game is to scary for me

ProgressivegamesDLE responds:

Don't be sad, you're not the only one who's too scared to play... ;)

ok im going to admit it i sh*t myself at this game very very good game it does what itis meant to do and the singing girl in the background is so amazing it just gives me the shivers everytime i hear it very well done mates.
5 stars cause i'm not sleeping tonight.

ProgressivegamesDLE responds:

Thanks, that's so good to hear! :)
Sorry about the sleepless night...!

Um... what? Within a minute of starting, I get to the top of some stairs, there are two doors in front of me, and I can't even TRY to open them? The only option you give the player is to turn around? Yeah, no. The sound loop is completely broken and it cuts out to a second or so of silence over and over again. Just no. Next time test your game before you post it.

ProgressivegamesDLE responds:

Hmm, sounds like you need to check your sound card and/or browser. The game works fine - next time, try pointing the arrow a bit higher up in the stairwell, it'll turn into a thicker arrow, and you'll be able to move onward to the top floor, where you need to go.

well, I played this game 10times.
I'm playing this game in South Korea.
I don't know how I use the phone.
I thought I have to put my phone number, and I tried it, but it didn't work.

ProgressivegamesDLE responds:

You did the right thing. Not everyone gets a reaction when they enter their phone number - it's a random effect. And it doesn't happen right away... ;)
We're glad you like the game enough to play it so many times!
Have fun!