Reviews for "Untouchable"

awesome music :)

hch2 responds:

you gotta thank Paragonx9 for that :D

Okay, I havn't done a review in a while even though im usually on newgrounds once a week. I gave this game a 5/5 because it addressed issues most games have and don't ever try to fix.

1. when having mouse controls a lot of games try to draw your mouse out to the very edge with enemies coming from outside the screen...problem is when you extend out so far trying to shoot enemies incoming from the very edge you can sometimes click outside the the actual game. regardless if they have an auto pause feature for clicking outside the game, it is still really annoying and detracts from the game. or worse(without the auto pause), it causes you to waste time and maybe die. This was fixed by creating a border in the game and a scrolling screen so that you would only over extend your mouse if you were at one end of the map and aiming at the opposite end.

2. a lot of these 2d flight fighter games want to implement stupid controls about directionality and I even caught myself doing this when I began playing. took me a little bit to realize i can move in whichever direction I please without worrying about which way the ship is facing. if the developers want to implement that style of game play it's fine but for games on newgrounds which total in about 10-20 minutes of game play it's really just a hassle. the greatest example I can give of this is the "Ace Pilot" movie/game that implemented controls that were just ridiculously stupid for how short and simple the game was.

3. this part I love. Just about every game I have played punishes the player for an enemy spawning where you just happen to be. It frustrated me beyond measure because, how am I suppose to know the enemy is spawning there? and why should I be punished for it? This game however actually deals damage to the enemy who spawn in YOUR space.

Those were the main parts. I enjoyed the simple design to help see whats on the screen and not adding a huge amount of effects to clutter everything up while also keeping it difficult. Also there was a bit of originality in the game where barriers were created to segregate and divide your attention and fire power. It was relatively short and a mild difficulty for a first play through.

5/5

hch2 responds:

thanks for the review! glad you liked it!

this game is awesome

It is nice, you can have a lotof gameplay, but its too hard on a laptop with no mouse. You miss the 3rd hand.
Also the lack of " pilot flying" (Arrow up is forward and such) lowers the fun a bit. But the idea is nice.

That game is great! Fancy and just crazy enemies! I love it!