Reviews for "The Last Angel"

the sad part is this game came out on this site when our beloved freind jordan allen died... he was 1 month from being an adult... may he find his way to paradise for he is an angel...

The beginning of the game was a bit of a drag, as it basically consisted of the same type of enemies, occasionally interrupted by a handful of mini-bosses mixed together. The game picked up much more at the reaper fight and the hell/lava fight, as the bosses had a variety of unique attacks and were more difficult to defeat. The art style was nice, although a more varied scrolling background would spruce things up a bit (the same backgrounds and platforms got boring after a while). The sheep concept, in which picking up the sheep alters your attack style, is an interesting mechanic that made this different from all the other side-scrollers out there. I'd like to see more done with it (different types of sheep for different attacks, maybe, or a defend-your-sheep level) because it gave the gameplay much more originality.

Jhomas responds:

Glad you liked it! About the first level, I somewhat agree with you. Its a hard balance on making the first few minutes of a game "easy" as to not alienate new players but also be exciting & challenging (maybe I didn't hit this quite on the head). Either way thanks for the review & tips/comments.

Original, fun, and well-made. Especially original. How could this not be amazing?

only birds as enemys? no ground enemys who attack the sheep?

Jhomas responds:

Nope, lots of different enemies in the game, every level has different enemies & boss's etc. (Although none attack the sheep lol)

i couldn't see the woe screen, so i was getting attacked out of nowhere.