Reviews for "My Little Dashie - Alpha"

Defense, is kinda broken... you can't attack the boss as defense, Growl triggers an immediate attack by the boss, stare just uses AP. defend collects AP one tun than of gives the enemy a turn the next. fortunately these problems only seem to affect the boss... but please address the problems to this style. I'm working on a balanced playthrew at the moment takes less time which is nice. oh and balanced mode uses one AP for stare when Defense uses six.

sonicmon1 responds:

This game is in alpha and is, basically, the product of constantly adding things to the engine. Whenever something gets added, I believe, the engine doesn't like it and tries to get rid of it. The whole, earning your attacks thing, was new and the engine HATED it.

The beta will see everything added at the same time, meaning a more smooth experience in comparison to the Beta.

Well although I don't agree with what you're doing here, as it really doesn't apply that much to the actual story, the game itself is GREAT! Really nice for an alpha. When I read "RPG" I though more like a choose your own adventure-type thing where you make decisions, like a story. I'd rather have it built like that. The only thing that bugged me was how the menus changed. You had to wait until one menu completely disappeared before you could click the next icon, or it would start over the menu-changing.
Regardless of my personal distaste at what your doing here, 5 stars, can't wait to play the final version!

sonicmon1 responds:

The reason the story is so different to the fanfic, is so that people can go away and read the fanfic, and still have a completely new experience. It's a way of increasing the fun * 2.

Yeah, the menu thing is being looked at currently.

I can't wait to make the final version. However, a beta is coming out long before then. I'm sorry to say, but expect a 2013 release date for the final version.

RALLY GOOD GAME FOR BEING INCOMPLETE...! LIKE THE STORY SO FAR =) GOOD JOB...

sonicmon1 responds:

I LIKE HOW WE ARE USING THE ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE. I SHOULD USE IT A LOT MORE WHEN ADDRESSING MY SUBJECTS!

It's pretty good, but the final boss is really hard, and you can't beat her unless you're at least one level above her. I don't know if this is a glitch or what. But overall this is a pretty good game. 4/5 stars.

sonicmon1 responds:

The reason the final boss is so hard, is so that you have something to do to tie yourself over to the Beta version.
It is intentional, and I'm sorry if you've destroyed one too many keyboards over it.

You have a great concept of creating a game using a pokemon like style of playing.

However, there are still bugs in the game, such as not being able to be damaged by Twilight and that the enemy characters become invincible after you deplete their health to zero.

sonicmon1 responds:

I see the whole, invincible thing, as kind of like an ant fighting Hulk Hogan. There's no way it could damage him, so it's a lost cause. The whole code is getting looked at, thank you for addressing the issue.