Reviews for "Surface EP 2 (Part 2/ 2)"

Where are the authors to the left?

I like movies that make you think like this. I was wondering who the voice actors were to the left side cause they usually show em but I guess it's just artist only displayed. That's not fair! Must not be NG members or something, but still. Can't wait til the 3rd one to come out!

Still amazing as always

Really Gonna miss you guys..

Amaizing, totally amaizing!

definitelly this proyect should continue, i remember seeing the first episode a while ago, and i loved the drama, definitelly continue up this please!

Nostalgia is a bitch

WHAT. THE FUCK. 5 YEARS. I LOVED THIS IS A KID. I HONESTLY DID!!!
AND NOW, NOW ... I .... I just don't know what to say.... thank you for such an intellectual piece of work. Thank you.
Thank you.

Okay.

I'm completely unfamiliar with your previous work, and I realize this was completed five years ago, in which time tastes and accepted standards have changed. However, publishing an animation from then doesn't excuse it from today's standards and I will review it accordingly.

The art is very minimal, all anime cliched poses such as darkening parts of the face out, pushing of the glasses and so on. Also annoying gradients and flat colors make it a bore to look at. The more painterly art right before you show the globe is at least interesting to look at. I'd suggest shying away from the pencil or line tools in the future.

There seriously is no animation aside from wiggling tweened hands and fingers and lip movement. Theres no emotion, and for such easy movements, there could really be more effort put into them. Or at least more effort into lip synch. The mouth shapes don't match up half the time, or change in emotion of any kind. With dialogue being the only somewhat redeeming value of this short, more effort should have gone into the characters expressing it.

The voices are okay, the guy with the glasses is annoying to listen to.

As for the story, it was a struggle to pay attention.

Anyway, even though this is old, it doesn't keep up with the times. While I have never heard of the series beforehand, it doesn't do justice to long term fans either for releasing so many years later.

In short, fine for 2007, not for 2012.