Reviews for "Age Of The Brotherhood P2"

it was great but...

there should have been some other sound effects at other parts and i caught on how when sonic was suppose to say"Dad... your here" or something similiar to that, there was no voice and also you were kinda sloppy with the layering... otherwise it was great!!:)

another epic installment

I've been waiting for this since I discovered your Sonic sprite movies a couple of months back, and I can say, I'm not at all disappointed! I know I'm supposed to comment on this movie in particular, but I do want to say a few words about the series in general (or should I say series of series, since I'm thinking of Sonic Origins and Rise of the Brotherhood, too). I love the way your stories are not only action-packed but emotionally powerful (e.g. Sonic's banishment and the death of Ashura). And I love the way you've recombined the elements of the Sonic multiverse (as a die-hard SatAM fan, I felt a big smile curl up my face when I saw the words "Freedom Fighters") and yet created something that's your own.
Anyway, about the current episode - the sprite animation was top-notch, especially the 3-D effects. I had mixed feelings about the combination of the "drawn" characters with the sprites - it was a little jarring at first, but I got used to it. As for the voice acting, I thought it was pretty good, though I agree with some of the other reviewers that Eggman sounds metallic (or was that intentional?) and Nero was a little wheezy or slurred. On the other hand, I think Sonic's voice has improved, and I love Tails and Amy. (Tails's "ow" made me LOL!) I did notice there were a few lines of dialog that were captioned, but not spoken. Finally, I have to say I love that scene where Eggman's chasing Sonic and you realized it's the boss from the Marble Zone! It's the little details like that that really make me love your work.
Anyway, keep up the awesome work! Looking forward to Part 3!

Another great installment in the series!

You've improved a lot in this movie. I can tell you put a lot of effort into making it the way you wanted it. It's also the longest installment you've done yet! I'm impressed with the animation/style/plot! But what got me feeling bummed was Nero's VA. It wasn't as I expected. It could have been better, that's for sure! But overall, you've done a great job on this! Keep it up and I hope to watch the next installment in the series!

Someone's gotta say it...

First off, nice sprite animation, you did good on this. I'm a fan of sprites, and this one, animation wise, I really enjoyed, even though I haven't seen the first one. But there's a reason I'm giving you a 3/5 and 6/10, and that reason is; Voice acting.
Usually, sprites aren't voiced (not saying that's a bad thing that you did it, just saying), and it's interesting that you chose to use VA's for this series. But the voices themselves, I'm not impressed. Mostly Sonic, Nero, and a little bit with Eggman. First (just some recording advice), use good quality sound recording equipment; you can hear that weird sound you get when you're too far away from the mic, like they're in a big open room, and it just sounds tacky. But anyways, back to the voices.
Most of you guys did really well, but the ones I mentioned before, you guys just didn't seem that "into it". It really sounded to me like you were doing a halfassedou job, and you can't do that when you're working on this big a project. Nero was the biggest problem of all. Worm, please don't take this personally, but you really sounded like you've got a speech impediment or something going on. Next time try to take it more seriously, because it didn't sound like you were giving a full hearted performance. When recording, go over it multiple times, take your time and talk as clearly as you can, and put more emotion into it. And the same goes for Sonicking, you could use the same advice.
And as for Eggman, I don't know if it was a recording issue or just an editing thing, but the voice, as good as it was (actually one of the voices I enjoyed), it sounded very mechanical, like someone put it through the filter used for the metallix voices. It was a convincing voice, but try not putting it through the filters (or just use better recording equipment).
Now, the general dialogue could have been better as well; the timing was just either too fast or too slow in a few places, so making a more fluid transition between each piece of dialogue will really help make this more convincing.
So I guess that's it. Not being a spriter there isn't much advice I can give you on animating, other than work on timing more, maybe even take some notes from Alvin Earthworm. Please take into consideration what I have to say next time around, because you've got a really good story, and it would be a shame for it to be ruined by bad voice acting (personally, with sprites I don't really see a need for voices, but whatever, it's your thing, make it great how you want it, people will like it when it's at its best). I am sorry I gave you such a low score for this, but I do wish all of you on the team the best of luck on the next episode, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it in the portal. And always keep improving. :) Peace.
(unimportant side note: longest review I've ever written XD)

I LOVE YOU RINA-CHAN:3