Reviews for "Scarlet Stranger"

I was having so much fun

But then I opened a chest in one of the "?" rooms and got blue-screened.
The culprit? Critical system memory overload during flash playback.
This was the only foreground element running, and definitely the only flash element. I've run system diagnostics and stress tests, too, so I know it's not a hardware issue.

I don't know what was in the box, but apparently it needed more then 8GB of RAM to load. Which is a shame because I was genuinely enjoying the game up to that point.
It's stylish and entertaining, and the idea of an entirely randomly-geneartaed play environment that resets on the hour is nifty-as-shit.

I didn't run into any of the other bugs people have been complaining about, but I did only see one iteration of the dungeon before the BSoD, and you can argue that the one bug I DID see was pretty severe.
If it weren't for the fear of another system crash, I'd definitely play again.

So, 9 stars for the game (could get a bit repetitive at times, but not enough to make the experience boring). -5 for making me think my computer died.

Looks joyful but needs bugfixing

I played this game for about 20 minutes and found it very entertaining and joyful.

I somehow managed to have my inventory scroll button (that round yellow coin thingy) go of the screen below which ruined the shop for me (because I could not scroll again up, thus could hardly sell or craft combine anything)

Later on I managed to jump from a block with a height of 2 levels on a closed chest. From there on I had to stop playing because I was unable to go down or jump back to the block again (of course I could neither open the chest).

Please fix such crucial bugs. They really ruin the experience of your work where certainly a lot of effort has been spent for graphics, programming and sound :-(

Glitches

Bugs are everywhere and it's really annoying because... this game could be great! I couldn't finish game because after exiting room with Hilda everything went dark and after 60 seconds game... restarted? Merchant started talking to me like during first game, but I still had all my items.
I don't want to try finish game once more to see if there is working ending...
So sad. Game could be so good...

Fun Game

Great game, kindof glitchy at times where you have to restart, but not all that often. one time i was able to open a chest over and over, the music shut off, and i was just before the boss, i reset to try and fix and it took me back to the beginning of the castle and the entire castle reset, but at least my items were still in my inventory, ps if you get a cursed ring , you are able to make another one, i tried to sell but it ended up only giving me 999 gold instead of 9999, and now it is available to purchase???? Kindof weird, unless i'm missing something.

Can't mute.

I can't mute the music in-game. There is an audio off button in the pause menu, but it only restarts the music. I'd rather not mute my computor just because I don't want to listen to the music track of the game. No offence, but most flash game tunes annoy the crap out of me.

not bad game though.