Reviews for "Adel's Theme (Menu)"

Mix is actually super clean and dynamic! Really enjoyed the instrumentation. Your selection of sounds work very well together and you've placed them nicely. Just a small gripe with the way the percussion is introduced at 1:12. Bringing them in with a closed low pass feels a bit strange, especially because they are panned and quite bassy. I would have liked to hear a bit more mids and less bass. Obviously it's a stylistic choice, and I'm slightly un-attuned to the nuances of cinematic music; but, this is literally the only thing which didn't resonate with me.

Fantastic work! How many more themes are there to make?

Step responds:

Heyyy! Nice of you to drop by for a review.

"Super emotive, loved every second of it! If this is just a starter, I am really looking forward to the full version."

I'm actually really psyched about making the full version. I have tonnes of ideas and will make it a lot more fleshed out than it is now (plus it'll be made from scratch and sound pretty different to this, only borrowing the melodic ideas in this). Hopefully it'll turn out well!

"I think the repetition of the melody works well. It's not overbearing, and it sticks in my mind. I'd imagine this would make a nice platform to work off of for composing the other pieces for the visual novel."

Yep, that's the idea. REALLY happy you don't think it's repetitive. I think it is kind of repetitive but I think that for the purposes of a visual novel menu the repetition works.

"Mix is actually super clean and dynamic! Really enjoyed the instrumentation. Your selection of sounds work very well together and you've placed them nicely."

Woo thanks!

"Just a small gripe with the way the percussion is introduced at 1:12. Bringing them in with a closed low pass feels a bit strange, especially because they are panned and quite bassy. I would have liked to hear a bit more mids and less bass. Obviously it's a stylistic choice, and I'm slightly un-attuned to the nuances of cinematic music; but, this is literally the only thing which didn't resonate with me."

You're not the first to complain about that percussion. I think I'll revisit it and follow your advice.

"Fantastic work! How many more themes are there to make?"

Loads haha. At least 15.

Thanks for the super encouraging review and invaluable feedback. Glad you liked it!

Beautiful! Very well put together. Everything mixed together real nice; the guitars, piano, strings, everything. So professional. And there's more to this??? I'd sure like to hear it!

I didn't find anything wrong with this piece. The quality is clean and the mood seems like it's describing the beauty of Adel herself.

Step responds:

That's relieving to hear! More is indeed coming along, whenever I find the time to make it :).

Thanks a million for reviewing.

I like this one, especially around 0:32 which sounds so amazing and energetic. I don't really know but I think the piano in the start is a bit distorted. Just a little bit.
I also like how the transitions are. They are very smooth. Although, the song does not loop very well.
I haven't got much to notice, only at 1:13-1:31; the low rhythmic percussion in the background sounds somehow annoying and off beat, in my opinion.
Very good work Step. I indeed look forward for the newer version!

Step responds:

It's a very echo-y piano with lots of reverb so maybe the reverb tails of each note are clashing to create some kind of distortion? I dunno. I personally love its sound but you might be right!

Like I said below, I'm really not sure why it isn't looping right. In theory I did everything correctly! I'll probably go back to it eventually and play around until I get the loop right. Shame you don't like 1:13's percussion, I think it's pretty cool. To each his own!

Thanks a million for the review. I really appreciate your feedback!

/quickest response ever.

Why are you so awesome? This is beautiful. Those strings sound amazing, and the climactic nature of this piece is really eye-catching. It has a bit of a hushed and furtive quality, though. I would've loved to see a little more contrast. It's well-structured and very smooth-flowing, and also loops well. Good job! Looking forward to the full-length version. :)

Step responds:

I really did want to add more contrast and dynamics and I totally agree with you that this piece lacks them. However, don't forget that this is a menu theme for a menu that doesn't even have much going on apart from a few buttons and a pretty background! The developer specified that she wanted it to be very low-key, and I tried to hold back as much as I could (even though 0:32 was kind of pushing it in terms of "low-key" haha).

Anyway, perfectly valid criticism. Super glad you liked this. Thanks for dropping by, mate.