Reviews for "Adel's Theme (Menu)"

This is great :)
The calm intro was already good, but the transition at 0:30 and the part after that really got me. The rest of the piece keeps on being beautiful. All the instruments fit well together, while the piano is constantly playing in the background :D

"Lack of anything particularly exciting"?
I think everything was fine, and there was some excitement in the dynamic variation. The only issue is that the end seems a bit abrupt (and the loop doesn't really loop that well), but as you said; this is not the full version :3

I'll certainly look forward to the proper version, whenever it comes out. Amazing job, as always ;)

Step responds:

Heya! I felt pretty insecure about this track so it's very relieving to get a positive response on it.

I don't understand why the loop is off... It should be fine - dominant chord to tonic - but there's a little click that I just couldn't get rid of, which makes it sound kind of weird.

I'm glad you thought this was somewhat exciting, even for a menu loop haha. Thanks a lot for the encouraging feedback.

Beautiful. Just... the way... I don't even know how you begin to make something like this. The blend of instruments is amazing. Everything just come and goes at the perfect moment. Anyway, I'm particularly fond of the tone here. Almost reminds me of the soundtrack for Assassin's Creed II with the use of the guitar! One of my favorite soundtracks of all time.

Step responds:

You have no idea how relieved I am to get all this good feedback haha. Thanks a million!

I sadly haven't played Assassin's Creed 2, despite all the good stuff I've heard about it. However, I have already heard some of the soundtrack which a friend of mine shared with me and I absolutely loved it. I remember it having a great atmosphere and energy with the guitar. I should get around to listening to the rest of the soundtrack then!

Thanks again man.

The issue with the looping is because of the large amount of reverb in this. Otherwise I think you did a marvellous job buddy.
The simple solution for the reverb is to reduce the decay a bit, it will tidy it up but still sound roomy.

Step responds:

I thought it'd be the reverb on the piano... I tried wrapping the remainder of the track during export so that the reverb tail at the end continues at the start, but that ended up still leaving a click at the start of the track, for some reason. Maybe it's because the waveform of the reverb tail didn't start at 0 amplitude so it produced a clicking sound? Like, instead of the reverb tail in the intro starting like this: http://puu.sh/bnUDi.png it started like this: http://puu.sh/bnUEB.png producing the clicking sound... I'm a dumbass when it comes to this stuff so I wouldn't know for sure.

Super glad you like it though, I really value your feedback! Thanks man.

This is wonderful for a visual novel menu. Immersion from the get-go!

00:32 gave me chills.

I think the end should be given a little more time to die down before looping. One more measure with just atmospheric sounds (or possibly with really quiet synth or guitar notes).

Step responds:

I am really relieved that you think that! I am definitely going back and reworking the loop. I'll give that a shot.

Glad you like it man!

Firstly : why did I not see this song? Secondly : yes I am going to overcompliment this song again third : THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME, the instruments are great the melody is even better, the effects are just AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is a 50/5, you are really good at making music. Please don't stop uploading these

Step responds:

Really glad you like it! Thanks for leaving a review.