Reviews for "Adel's Theme (Menu)"

The issue with the looping is because of the large amount of reverb in this. Otherwise I think you did a marvellous job buddy.
The simple solution for the reverb is to reduce the decay a bit, it will tidy it up but still sound roomy.

Step responds:

I thought it'd be the reverb on the piano... I tried wrapping the remainder of the track during export so that the reverb tail at the end continues at the start, but that ended up still leaving a click at the start of the track, for some reason. Maybe it's because the waveform of the reverb tail didn't start at 0 amplitude so it produced a clicking sound? Like, instead of the reverb tail in the intro starting like this: http://puu.sh/bnUDi.png it started like this: http://puu.sh/bnUEB.png producing the clicking sound... I'm a dumbass when it comes to this stuff so I wouldn't know for sure.

Super glad you like it though, I really value your feedback! Thanks man.

I like this one, especially around 0:32 which sounds so amazing and energetic. I don't really know but I think the piano in the start is a bit distorted. Just a little bit.
I also like how the transitions are. They are very smooth. Although, the song does not loop very well.
I haven't got much to notice, only at 1:13-1:31; the low rhythmic percussion in the background sounds somehow annoying and off beat, in my opinion.
Very good work Step. I indeed look forward for the newer version!

Step responds:

It's a very echo-y piano with lots of reverb so maybe the reverb tails of each note are clashing to create some kind of distortion? I dunno. I personally love its sound but you might be right!

Like I said below, I'm really not sure why it isn't looping right. In theory I did everything correctly! I'll probably go back to it eventually and play around until I get the loop right. Shame you don't like 1:13's percussion, I think it's pretty cool. To each his own!

Thanks a million for the review. I really appreciate your feedback!

/quickest response ever.

Beautiful. Just... the way... I don't even know how you begin to make something like this. The blend of instruments is amazing. Everything just come and goes at the perfect moment. Anyway, I'm particularly fond of the tone here. Almost reminds me of the soundtrack for Assassin's Creed II with the use of the guitar! One of my favorite soundtracks of all time.

Step responds:

You have no idea how relieved I am to get all this good feedback haha. Thanks a million!

I sadly haven't played Assassin's Creed 2, despite all the good stuff I've heard about it. However, I have already heard some of the soundtrack which a friend of mine shared with me and I absolutely loved it. I remember it having a great atmosphere and energy with the guitar. I should get around to listening to the rest of the soundtrack then!

Thanks again man.

This is great :)
The calm intro was already good, but the transition at 0:30 and the part after that really got me. The rest of the piece keeps on being beautiful. All the instruments fit well together, while the piano is constantly playing in the background :D

"Lack of anything particularly exciting"?
I think everything was fine, and there was some excitement in the dynamic variation. The only issue is that the end seems a bit abrupt (and the loop doesn't really loop that well), but as you said; this is not the full version :3

I'll certainly look forward to the proper version, whenever it comes out. Amazing job, as always ;)

Step responds:

Heya! I felt pretty insecure about this track so it's very relieving to get a positive response on it.

I don't understand why the loop is off... It should be fine - dominant chord to tonic - but there's a little click that I just couldn't get rid of, which makes it sound kind of weird.

I'm glad you thought this was somewhat exciting, even for a menu loop haha. Thanks a lot for the encouraging feedback.