Reviews for "Verge"

There is a glitch

On the level where the lizards first appear the yellow block on the upper level is nigh on impossible to move without it getting stuck.This almost caused a rage quit with me. I am not going to give you a ten because this frustrated the hell out of me. Fix the glitch with the blocks getting stuck and you will have a fine game.

kurismakku responds:

Okay, actually I am kinda familiar with this problem... But did you use yellow reset switch that resets box to starting position ?

I don't get it...

Good game, but like I said in my opening, I don't get it. I don't think I got all the fairies, but the ending just didn't make sense to me. Game is good, like others have said it's really laggy, but it never became a huge problem for me.

Good, but need some improvements.

1- If you need to collect items in certain levels in the game, add a level selection screen.
2- One level, I think the 8th one, needs far too precise jumping, and returning again and again and again to the same spot, only to try a precise jump, is very tedious.
3- Plot seems kinda blank. Couldn't finish 100% with all "lines", but still is very confusing nevertheless.

Death looks worse than life in this game.

Immediately noticed the Cave Story like art. It's not bad, but aside from the last two stages, none of them really stood out.

The gameplay was fun. I got everything but the Loki medal.

What I don't like is having something so vague to the imagination and calling it art and good. I played as a shadow who more or less ignored fireball-spitting monsters and chased after an angel for curiosity.

I particularly disliked the soulstealers more than the living monsters.

And I collected fairies to be caged later on as platforms...?

It seemed more like random elements put together than an actual plot building up.

If you hold left and W...

...he does the moonwalk.

(this also works for right and S)