Reviews for "Verge"

cool

i like how you die but you dont . also i would refer some other forms of attacking like spels or mabey a sword but thats just me. overall a great concept and i like the platformer/retro feel to the game.

Pretty Cool

Platform game, why you no have level select buttun! No seriously, that was a little frustrating to keep going back until I found all the fairies, but I suppose you meant it to take a long time to find them all. It wasn't really hard, but some of the puzzles were clever, it's overall enjoyable.

Also, I just wanted to say the music set the theme really well, but games of "mystical vague abstraction" get on my nerves a little bit. I also didn't think the landing or jump noises were irritating.

I also noticed something minor, I don't know if you could call it a bug or just "that's how platform games are." Pretty much if you jump at the tip of the block shaped like an arrow in the end it nudges you around until you fall out of the block two blocks away (I assume to prevent the character getting stuck inside the block).

One other thing was I was able to "jump midair" in some spots. Mostly the spots appeared in the inverted world on the earlier levels, but in the end there were a couple going up to the top as well. I wasn't able to reproduce these very well, the spots aren't visible, but it happened a lot, so I just wanted to let you know.

kurismakku responds:

Yay... It's really interesting to hear for this kinda bugs... I mean, I played game 1000 times at least, and it never happened...xD

Legendary

I saw many aspects of Cave Story in this. Really nice game.

Absolutely worth the time

Difficult at parts, but that's what all puzzle games are like, so overall a very good game. I have never seen anything like the death idea in a game before, it truly is impressive. Great music too!

Cool

The death mechanic is an awesome idea, and the soundtrack is great. I really like how the music changes how it sounds in the death world.