Reviews for "Dangerous Christmas"

this game is really bad

first for a game that is sort of fast pace it has a really long dead sequence i give it a 4.5/10

AdventureIslands responds:

That sentence doesn't make any sense.

Here's $0.02

This is part of a genre I like to call the "fucking bullshit flash platformer." Fans of this genre should try "Glass Fish Rhythm" and "Dangerous Dungeons." Which leads me to my next point. This and "Dangerous Dungeons" are essentially the same fucking game! That's not cool bro. I don't want to play a Christmasy iteration of something I already played before.

Also, the controls in this game are responsive and once I was used to them it worked. But that's it. They just worked. I think my main problem with this game was that it was difficult, but not challenging. What I mean by that is that a game where I jump one pixel too soon and plummet to my death is annoying, but a game that requires me to track and dodge objects onscreen while providing a bit of forgiveness is challenging and fun to play.

Anyways, the game looks good. Impressive pixel art. I know you made this with Stencyl and I'm not very familiar with that program so I don't know how much you actually designed here. But I suggest you learn flash and that will definitely enable you to produce better games.

Oh and please stop making this same game. Try something new...

AdventureIslands responds:

This was meaned to be a christmas themed level pack for Dangerous Dungeons. I just threw in a story. While Stencyl makes game making easier, I still put lots of work behind this.

No, just no

Controls were really bad, and that destroys the whole game. Sorry, else it was good, so I give you a 4.

Fake difficulty

There's a way to do stupidly hard platform games well and there's a way to do them not so well. Look at the score I gave this game and work out which category this game falls under.

bad

jumping controls are horrible. I quit after like 5 levels.