For the month of April we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 43 people to reach our goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in May!

Reviews for "Dangerous Christmas"

Here's $0.02

This is part of a genre I like to call the "fucking bullshit flash platformer." Fans of this genre should try "Glass Fish Rhythm" and "Dangerous Dungeons." Which leads me to my next point. This and "Dangerous Dungeons" are essentially the same fucking game! That's not cool bro. I don't want to play a Christmasy iteration of something I already played before.

Also, the controls in this game are responsive and once I was used to them it worked. But that's it. They just worked. I think my main problem with this game was that it was difficult, but not challenging. What I mean by that is that a game where I jump one pixel too soon and plummet to my death is annoying, but a game that requires me to track and dodge objects onscreen while providing a bit of forgiveness is challenging and fun to play.

Anyways, the game looks good. Impressive pixel art. I know you made this with Stencyl and I'm not very familiar with that program so I don't know how much you actually designed here. But I suggest you learn flash and that will definitely enable you to produce better games.

Oh and please stop making this same game. Try something new...

AdventureIslands responds:

This was meaned to be a christmas themed level pack for Dangerous Dungeons. I just threw in a story. While Stencyl makes game making easier, I still put lots of work behind this.

not bad

i give it a 7/10, but i think thats a pretty decent rating;i thought it was fun. it was a fun balanced puzzle platformer. it had tough levels but there were only 10 so i didn't get burned out and the boss level was a sweet end. btw i like the early SNES style music and sound FX. i noticed getting the key was a common early sound FX in games like U.N. Squadron.
3/5 also because.... ya, not bad, i liked it :)

Fairly decent

What I liked about this was how there was really quite a bit of variety in the design of the levels. It did get kind of annoying when you only had one medal that was worth 100 points. Then again, that's probably just too whiny. What I found to be cool was how you were able to glide along so well. It seems like there was a lot of effort put into the designs. The sprites just look so good in this and the sound effects were good too.

I thought this would be a game about fighting elves, but it wasn't. I would recommend that next time you make a game that focuses more on enemies and not booby traps. I never liked those in a game. It kind of makes you wonder how there could be lit fires in an ice cavern. You are lucky for having this featured on January 13th!

It was good, but...

The controls are incredibly clunky. It makes me not want to play your game.

This isn't the age of the NES where games like Ice Climber get away with it. There is no established reason for the character to feel clunky - if he's a thief, he should move pretty well. No one enjoys playing a game that's frustrating at that basic of a level.

this game is really bad

first for a game that is sort of fast pace it has a really long dead sequence i give it a 4.5/10

AdventureIslands responds:

That sentence doesn't make any sense.