Reviews for "These Robotic Hearts of Mine"

A Beautiful Symbolic Puzzle

This game blends a story with a puzzle resulting in this entertaining, yet inspiring art game. You turn gears to flip hearts into the right position. Sounds boring? It is actually quite satisfying, seeing how each piece fits and victoriously going on to the next challenge as the narrative continues. I highly recommend this game, it can be easy and challenging and you can return to it at anytime.

This Game Plagued my Thoughts as I was In Bed

Which I found as a good enough reason to give you a thorough review. First, I love the mood and tone the game gives off; a mystifying yet eerie feeling that is help amplified by the the (song?/ambiance?) and the sound effects in general. As well as the simple pixelated style and the minimum colour palette that you made work very well. Mixed with the story segments I was getting a sort of Grimm Fairytale mood, which is awesome!

The story itself however, which seems you made one of the most important aspects of the game, was interesting at first but got a little humdrum as it went on. It was cool how the story segment matched the stages, but I feel like you forced yourself to write something that would more fit a playable stage than on the story itself. The girl's sudden decision to make her big change felt like it came out of nowhere. Still, very well done presentation.

The game itself is fun of course. Like your style choice it appears to be such a simple idea, but you made it work very well with how you presented it. Every time I finished a stage I would go "oohhhh" seeing how it matched the text that just appeared. It made the accomplishment feeling all the better and made me eager to see how the next stage would tie in. Like others had said, I was having a decent time with the puzzles doing most of the puzzles in minimal or near minimal clicks when all of a sudden things got face palming hard! Which is why I continued to think about this game while I laid in bed; trying to figure quicker ways I could've finished that puzzle.

I was able to figure out some of the tougher puzzles eventually, but some of them I just gave up and clicked randomly until I realized I was coming close to a solution. But maybe you did this as in part as a time waster/mobile game, which it would do very well at if I found myself with this game while waiting to hear my name called. Still, the difficultly spike could've been mended if not slowly transitioned to from the casual difficulty a little better.

Alas, very original and amusing game! You got me with the original presentation and general feel of the game. Writing could use some editing and improvements, but hey, it does what needs to be done. If I find myself owning a Android or Iphone I'll definitely be picking this up!

Very...er...puzzling.

Great game, I got stuck on level 10, though. (won't affect my review) Perhaps there could be a walkthrough video for the game?

Nice

Preety good game i liked a like and i got the idea ur sending :) plus one more thing i dont know how many people have found out but if u press the arrows you can bypass the levels and read the entire story without beating the game...

Congratz